Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > sensor size

sensor size

ziya

Hi,

what If next year Canon make new model of Eos for example 30D with
sensor size 24x35 mm, 12M pixel and 100% compatible all EF objectives?
then 300D is garbage?

Todd Walker

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Hi,
>
> what If next year Canon make new model of Eos for example 30D with
> sensor size 24x35 mm, 12M pixel and 100% compatible all EF objectives?
> then 300D is garbage?

Nope. If that were to happen the 300D would still take the same high
quality pictures that it does today. Besides, it will be a few years
before you can buy a camera that uses a full frame (24x36) sensor for
$1000.

--
__________________________________
Todd Walker

Dave Cohen

Follow that logic to it's ultimate conclusion, we wouldn't buy anything,
would save a lot of money that way.
Dave Cohen

"Todd Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
> > Hi,
> >
> > what If next year Canon make new model of Eos for example 30D with
> > sensor size 24x35 mm, 12M pixel and 100% compatible all EF objectives?
> > then 300D is garbage?
> >

> Nope. If that were to happen the 300D would still take the same high
> quality pictures that it does today. Besides, it will be a few years
> before you can buy a camera that uses a full frame (24x36) sensor for
> $1000.
>
> --
> __________________________________
> Todd Walker
> Canon 10D
> http://www.toddwalker.net
> http://www.twphotography.net
> __________________________________

Michael

If you act like you talk, I'm assuming you own nothing...not even the
computer you are using. Usually really cheap people think like this.

"ziya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> what If next year Canon make new model of Eos for example 30D with
> sensor size 24x35 mm, 12M pixel and 100% compatible all EF objectives?
> then 300D is garbage?

Joseph Meehan

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sure looks to me that ziya, Todd, Dave
and Michael are all saying the same thing.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"ziya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> what If next year Canon make new model of Eos for example 30D with
> sensor size 24x35 mm, 12M pixel and 100% compatible all EF objectives?
> then 300D is garbage?

Mark Herring

On 19 Dec 2003 07:55:09 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (ziya) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>what If next year Canon make new model of Eos for example 30D with
>sensor size 24x35 mm, 12M pixel and 100% compatible all EF objectives?
>then 300D is garbage?

A good camera does not become garbage when something better arrives.

How many people need anything beyond 6 Mp?
**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Alan Browne

ziya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what If next year Canon make new model of Eos for example 30D with
> sensor size 24x35 mm, 12M pixel and 100% compatible all EF objectives?
> then 300D is garbage?

Yeah what if? It doesn't matter. The 300D will still work fine.

24x36 @ 12Mpix at the 300D price point. Not very soon. Don't sweat it.

And even if they did ... the 300D would not be "garbage".

Cheers,
Alan.

Michael

5 years ago how many people needed 64mb of RAM in their computer? It's like
time...things will always change, get smaller, get larger, increase and
decrease. Whatever makes the balance to market it and sell it.

"Mark Herring" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 19 Dec 2003 07:55:09 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (ziya) wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >what If next year Canon make new model of Eos for example 30D with
> >sensor size 24x35 mm, 12M pixel and 100% compatible all EF objectives?
> >then 300D is garbage?

> A good camera does not become garbage when something better arrives.
>
> How many people need anything beyond 6 Mp?
> **************************
> Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
> Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Ethan Trewhitt

According to Michael <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> 5 years ago how many people needed 64mb of RAM in their computer?
> It's like time...things will always change, get smaller, get larger,
> increase and decrease. Whatever makes the balance to market it and
> sell it.

That's because those computers run software that continues to get more
powerful. If new lenses were coming out that somehow needed more MP, then it
would make sense that 6MP would become inadequate, but such is not the case.
The pics that the 300D makes will be just as good in 10 years assuming it
doesn't physically degrade.

--
eth'nT
http://www.hydrous.net

Mark B.

"ziya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> what If next year Canon make new model of Eos for example 30D with
> sensor size 24x35 mm, 12M pixel and 100% compatible all EF objectives?
> then 300D is garbage?

Well, my D30 still takes great pics despite having recently picked up a 10D.
Besides, that's a silly supposition since Canon already has an 11mp
full-frame (24x36mm) digi-SLR. The 300D is still a fine camera.

Mark