Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Oly C-5050

Oly C-5050

sa

Just got this camera. Very nice.. Little confused on CF cards that can be
used. Docs say one thing, on line docs say another. What is the maximum
size CF card this camera will accept. I have a 128, but was thinking of
getting a 256 or 512. Anyone know?

sma

The Ruzicka Family

I've been using 256 and 512 cards (Viking and SanDisk) with absolutely no
problems. I believe I've read that 1GB cards can be used, but this might
depend on what version of firmware your 5050 has.

"sa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OusEb.37736$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Just got this camera. Very nice.. Little confused on CF cards that can be
> used. Docs say one thing, on line docs say another. What is the maximum
> size CF card this camera will accept. I have a 128, but was thinking of
> getting a 256 or 512. Anyone know?
>
> sma

Hank Shiffman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"The Ruzicka Family" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've been using 256 and 512 cards (Viking and SanDisk) with absolutely no
> problems. I believe I've read that 1GB cards can be used, but this might
> depend on what version of firmware your 5050 has.
>
> "sa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OusEb.37736$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> > Just got this camera. Very nice.. Little confused on CF cards that can be
> > used. Docs say one thing, on line docs say another. What is the maximum
> > size CF card this camera will accept. I have a 128, but was thinking of
> > getting a 256 or 512. Anyone know?

I've used a 1GB Microdrive in mine. Took something over 900 pictures to
fill the thing.

--
Hank Shiffman http://www.disordered.org
Have Opinion, Will Travel http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

ds2227

I have one (C-5050Z) and my Ritech 512 MB works fine. I think the camera
uses FAT16 and so should accept CF cards up to 2 GB.

Dave

"sa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OusEb.37736$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Just got this camera. Very nice.. Little confused on CF cards that can be
> used. Docs say one thing, on line docs say another. What is the maximum
> size CF card this camera will accept. I have a 128, but was thinking of
> getting a 256 or 512. Anyone know?
>
> sma

David

I believe that the controller mechanism is located on the cards themselves,
so should be able to use any size out there. Could be wrong of course, but
never ran into anyone saying larger cards haven't worked.

Dave

"ds2227" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6rNEb.1706$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> I have one (C-5050Z) and my Ritech 512 MB works fine. I think the camera
> uses FAT16 and so should accept CF cards up to 2 GB.
>
> Dave
>
> "sa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OusEb.37736$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> > Just got this camera. Very nice.. Little confused on CF cards that can

be
> > used. Docs say one thing, on line docs say another. What is the

maximum
> > size CF card this camera will accept. I have a 128, but was thinking of
> > getting a 256 or 512. Anyone know?
> >
> > sma

Jimmy

While it is true that the controller mechanism is in the CF cards, the ability of the camera to read
file allocation tables is still restricted to the camera's ability to format and read large cards.
There are some newer cameras out that can utilize FAT32, but most of the current fare can not.