Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > non 300D owner question - movie mode?

non 300D owner question - movie mode?

digiboy

Does the 300D have a movie mode? Limit on time if it does? I can't
find this info on Canon web site

TIA

Digi

Jim Waggener

"digiboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Does the 300D have a movie mode? Limit on time if it does? I can't
> find this info on Canon web site
>
> TIA
>
> Digi

no, it does not

WoZ

No it doesn't. Sorry

"digiboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Does the 300D have a movie mode? Limit on time if it does? I can't
> find this info on Canon web site
>
> TIA
>
> Digi

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (digiboy) wrote:

> Does the 300D have a movie mode? Limit on time if it does? I can't
> find this info on Canon web site
>
> TIA
>
> Digi

No. The 300D doesn't use the image sensor for composure, metering, or
autofocus. As a result, it has a still image sensor. The benfit is
that perfect composure is optical, the camera's reaction time is
lightning fast, and the image sensor doesn't have extra circuits
crowding out the light sensors.

Whether or not that's a good compromise depends on how you want to use
the camera. I have to admit that a video mode can be fun sometimes.

GAH

As everyone else has said... "no"...but an added note: No model of true
"digital SLR" has a movie mode.

Greg

"digiboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Does the 300D have a movie mode? Limit on time if it does? I can't
> find this info on Canon web site
>
> TIA
>
> Digi

JPS@no.komm

In message <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) (digiboy) wrote:

>Does the 300D have a movie mode? Limit on time if it does? I can't
>find this info on Canon web site

At this point in time, none of the high-end digital still cameras have
realtime video feeds coming off their sensors, and the sensor is only
exposed to light during the exposure time.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

JPS@no.komm

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Kevin McMurtrie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Whether or not that's a good compromise depends on how you want to use
>the camera. I have to admit that a video mode can be fun sometimes.

I certainly hope to see the consumer digicam paradigm find its way into
the high-end market one day. There are things about the low-end cameras
that are better in principal (though current implementation may be
lacking) than the film-SLR-with-sensor model.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>

Bill

I never thought the digital camera movie mode would be worth a darn until I
downloaded
autoproducer from muvee.com Combining the photos from my little canon with
the digital
video it also takes looks wonderful when run through their program. Try it
out.
Now I wish my E-10 had the movie mode as well.