Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Does perl support in/out parameter subroutine?

Does perl support in/out parameter subroutine?

Hon Seng Phuah

Hi,

I am quite new to perl development and have a question very stupid
question. I hope that someone can help me.

Does perl support in/out parameter subroutine? Like in C/C++, we have
a function callee:

a(&b); // variable b value will be change in function a.

Jürgen Exner

Hon Seng Phuah wrote:
> Does perl support in/out parameter subroutine? Like in C/C++, we have
> a function callee:
>
> a(&b); // variable b value will be change in function a.

"In/out parameter", well, I've never heard that term before, but I am
guessing you mean call-by-reference or call-by-value-return.
Yes, Perl does support call by reference. See "perldoc perlreftut" for an
introduction how to handle references.

jue