Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Twenty Compact Digital Cameras from Canon in 2004

Twenty Compact Digital Cameras from Canon in 2004

swangdb@auburn.edu

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0312/03...0newcamera.asp

--
David Swanger
Office of Information Technology

dot

Oh Great!
I just purchased a Canon s50 which has already been out for a while from
what I understand. I know this is always the case in technology but I had
wished for a little more "bragging rights" time.
dot

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brsn54$864$(E-Mail Removed)...
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0312/03...0newcamera.asp

--
David Swanger
Office of Information Technology
Auburn University, AL
(E-Mail Removed)

iSteal

Will the purple fringing option still be available?

dot

That's the first thing I looked for when I got my Canon. Haven't seen any
but then I've only had the camera for 2 weeks.
dot

"iSteal" <default@giganews> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Will the purple fringing option still be available?

R2D2

"dot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newsKmEb.2001$(E-Mail Removed):

> Oh Great!
> I just purchased a Canon s50 which has already been out for a while
> from what I understand. I know this is always the case in technology
> but I had wished for a little more "bragging rights" time.
> dot

The S50 was never anything to brag about.

iSteal

Oh I wouldn't feel bad at all, that will still be a nice camera years from
now. Even though I knew about the purple fringe issue long ago, I bought an
A80 when they came out. Sure, you can see it when you shoot facing into
bright light, (it shows up in tree branches against the sky) but I don't
normally focus that closely on each little detail like that.

There will always be something better coming along. Not long ago I read that
digital cameras were at the same stage now, that computers were 10 to 12
years ago. I tend to agree, so these current cameras are probably the
386/486's of their time.

DHB

Interesting analogy since the Canon Digital Rebel / 300D / KISS
is rumored to be using DR DOS as it's operating system.

Have you attempted to buy a new cell phone lately? They are getting to
be like a Swiss Army Knife. Many have a built-in PDA, Digital Camera, GPS,
Downloadable Ring Tunes & etc., etc.,.......

Respectfully, DHB

"iSteal" <default@giganews> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oh I wouldn't feel bad at all, that will still be a nice camera years from
> now. Even though I knew about the purple fringe issue long ago, I bought

an
> A80 when they came out. Sure, you can see it when you shoot facing into
> bright light, (it shows up in tree branches against the sky) but I don't
> normally focus that closely on each little detail like that.
>
> There will always be something better coming along. Not long ago I read

that
> digital cameras were at the same stage now, that computers were 10 to 12
> years ago. I tend to agree, so these current cameras are probably the
> 386/486's of their time.

dot

For whatever reason you needed to say that R2D2, I'll concede.
Your needs are bigger than mine.
dot

"R2D2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9455A2BFD8F00R2D2starwarsjedi@130.133.1.4. ..
"dot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newsKmEb.2001$(E-Mail Removed):

> Oh Great!
> I just purchased a Canon s50 which has already been out for a while
> from what I understand. I know this is always the case in technology
> but I had wished for a little more "bragging rights" time.
> dot

The S50 was never anything to brag about.

IK

In article <tnrEb.664$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Interesting analogy since the Canon Digital Rebel / 300D / KISS
> is rumored to be using DR DOS as it's operating system.

My 2004 prediction for a Slashdot headline: "Running Linux on the Canon
300D"

Povl H. Pedersen

On 2003-12-19, IK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <tnrEb.664$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>> Interesting analogy since the Canon Digital Rebel / 300D / KISS
>> is rumored to be using DR DOS as it's operating system.

> My 2004 prediction for a Slashdot headline: "Running Linux on the Canon
> 300D"

Which means we can get better white balance, and more features than the
10D