Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Safely connect Canon Digital Rebel to a strobe?

Safely connect Canon Digital Rebel to a strobe?

SZ

Hi,

I asked similar question before and people suggested using
a hot-shoe to pc adapter. But after a little more investigation,
I found my strobe actually has the triggering voltage of 8-9 V,
which is slightly higher than the acceptable voltage by Canon (6 V).

I know it is most likely ok to use a normal hot-shoe to pc
adapter, but I do not want to take any chances.

I am thinking of buying Wein safe-sync adapter, but I am not
sure if it will work with such low input voltage (8-9 V).

Does anyone have experience on that? or have alternative
solution?

Thanks,

-SZ

James Cassatt

Works fine with my Sunpak 383 which has a similar voltage.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (SZ) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi,
>
> I asked similar question before and people suggested using
> a hot-shoe to pc adapter. But after a little more investigation,
> I found my strobe actually has the triggering voltage of 8-9 V,
> which is slightly higher than the acceptable voltage by Canon (6 V).
>
> I know it is most likely ok to use a normal hot-shoe to pc
> adapter, but I do not want to take any chances.
>
> I am thinking of buying Wein safe-sync adapter, but I am not
> sure if it will work with such low input voltage (8-9 V).
>
> Does anyone have experience on that? or have alternative
> solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -SZ

SZ

Thanks for reply.

Do you use Canon Digital Rebel too? and You measured
the triggering voltage of sunpak 383 to be 8-9 V?

Thanks,

-shan