Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital Picture Recovery

Digital Picture Recovery

Peter

I have important photos on a CD-RW, and now when I try to open, I get
only preview available in small size, view/thumdnails , and when I
click on each of them to get a larger size, I get a distorted image
which show a portion of the picture. They are JPEG images, and I can
see the size in the properties.
The resolution of those picture is 1600 x 1200.

HRosita

Hi,

I thought you already got some good answers.

Download a trial version from
http://www.datarescue.com/

You have to pay $29 only if you see the pictures.

Or try a CD rescue program like Norton, Roxio, etc.
Rosita

Marius

There isn't any risk when you try to recover the data with a recovery tool.

1. Download PC Inspector Smart Recovery (freeware) at www.pcinspector.de
Even recovers CRW!
2. Connect a cardreader to your PC
3. Put the memorycard in the reader
4. Install and start the program
5. Look at the results

When this procedure doesn't work, try PC Inspector File Recovery (also
freeware).

A third alternative is reading the CD-RW in a Pioneer DVD-writer DVR-106D.
It has a reputation to read unreadable/damaged CD-ROMs

I hope you're succesfull!

Marius

Chris Quinn

Try this for free first: