Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > editing exif tags in linux

editing exif tags in linux

Batman

hello all,

I'm new to exif editing. I recently installed "exif," a command-line
program, on my mandrake-linux machine. I'm having difficulty editing tags,
particularly the "copyright" tag. I can't find documentation for the
program I'm using. I've been trying "exif -t copyright," and get the error:
"invalid tag." Anyone know how I should address the tags for this program?

Thanks in advance.
--
remove "_at_" to send me e-mail

Mike Brodbelt

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:01:07 -0600, Batman wrote:

> hello all,
>
> I'm new to exif editing. I recently installed "exif," a command-line
> program, on my mandrake-linux machine. I'm having difficulty editing
> tags, particularly the "copyright" tag. I can't find documentation for
> the program I'm using. I've been trying "exif -t copyright," and get the
> error: "invalid tag." Anyone know how I should address the tags for this
> program?

To add data to the "Copyright" tag, I can do:-

$ exif -t Copyright --ifd=EXIF --set-value="foobar" IMG_0808.JPG

HTH,

Mike.