Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon A70 settings

Canon A70 settings

Rick Burton

I bought a Canon A70 and am very pleased with it.It does exactly what I
bought it for with some amount of creative control. What I would like to
know however is. On this camera you change the sounds each operation makes
(its best when left silent however). The sounds and screens that come with
it are rather lame. Is there a site where you can download themes for this
Camera.
Thanks

Morgan Ohlson

"Rick Burton" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> I bought a Canon A70 and am very pleased with it.It does exactly what I
> bought it for with some amount of creative control. What I would like to
> know however is. On this camera you change the sounds each operation makes
> (its best when left silent however). The sounds and screens that come with
> it are rather lame. Is there a site where you can download themes for this
> Camera.

I was surfing Canon sites the other day. If I remember right there was even
a theme creation site. I don't remember where though.... Try via
Powershot.com

Hmmm, could the link have been given somewhere in the firmware??? perhaps.

Morgan O.

me

You looked at all the themes that come with zoombrowser?

There are maybe 40 different themes! Each with 4 different sounds.
You can pluck out sounds from within themes, and mix and match them to
create new themes.

And if you don't like these, you can create your own. You can turn any photo
you take with the camera into the start up screen, or you can "make" your
own. I made one with a drawing program to mimic the default "Canon" screen,
but replaced the word "Canon" with my name.

And you can record your own sounds too, if you want, or you can use sound
clips off of internet as long are not too long.

For the self timer sound, I just recorded me speaking the phrase "Say
cheese!" Causes some interesting looks!

"Rick Burton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I bought a Canon A70 and am very pleased with it.It does exactly what I
> bought it for with some amount of creative control. What I would like to
> know however is. On this camera you change the sounds each operation makes
> (its best when left silent however). The sounds and screens that come with
> it are rather lame. Is there a site where you can download themes for this
> Camera.
> Thanks

Gerapa

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 02:53:45 GMT, "Rick Burton"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I bought a Canon A70 and am very pleased with it. [...]
>it are rather lame. Is there a site where you can download themes for this
>Camera.
>Thanks

Hello,

If my memories are good, you can find some more themes in the Canon
Image Gateway
(http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home...way/index.asp).
But you must register from ZoomBrowser (Menu "Internet" then "Canon
Image Gateway").

Gerapa.