Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Royal Camera?

Royal Camera?

jj@unspameljefe.net

Anyone know anything about Royal Camera (royalcamera.com) in NY? I
can't find any reviews or feedback at the usual sites.

Thanks.

JJ

Tony Spadaro

Everything I've heard about them has been bad.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know anything about Royal Camera (royalcamera.com) in NY? I
> can't find any reviews or feedback at the usual sites.
>
> Thanks.
>
> JJ

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know anything about Royal Camera (royalcamera.com) in NY? I
> can't find any reviews or feedback at the usual sites.
>
> Thanks.
>
> JJ

Check here http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1895.html, it's all
bad.

jav

If you're going to buy mailorder, use one of the following:

www.bhphoto.com
www.adorama.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know anything about Royal Camera (royalcamera.com) in NY? I
> can't find any reviews or feedback at the usual sites.
>
> Thanks.
>
> JJ

Scroobie

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:55:48 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Anyone know anything about Royal Camera (royalcamera.com) in NY? I
>can't find any reviews or feedback at the usual sites.
>
>Thanks.
>
>JJ

Yes, I've had some dealings with them. I wound up with what I wanted,
but not before having to return some unordered items they packed in
together with the camera (and charged for of course). What they sell
is mostly grey-market camera goods, and that's not necessarily
bad--even B&H does this. But if Royal could be more forthright about
what they're selling and stop their screw-the-customer practices, I
think the reputation they presently have would improve considerably.
As it is, they're probably best considered to be of the Broadway
Camera ilk and avoided unless you're needing a learning experience.

Don Wiss

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:55:48 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Anyone know anything about Royal Camera (royalcamera.com) in NY? I
>can't find any reviews or feedback at the usual sites.

Check them out here: http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0009.htm

And as they use three names, be sure to check out all three at
resellerratings.com (and 2 entries for one). The others:

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Todd Walker

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Anyone know anything about Royal Camera (royalcamera.com) in NY? I
> can't find any reviews or feedback at the usual sites.
>
> Thanks.
>
> JJ

Royal ripoff.

--
__________________________________
Todd Walker

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Todd Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Anyone know anything about Royal Camera (royalcamera.com) in NY? I
> > can't find any reviews or feedback at the usual sites.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > JJ
> >

> Royal ripoff.

Very succinct, you've said it all.

sde

Sorry to spoil the fun but.

I live in Sydney, AUSTRALIA and bought a Nikon 5700 from Royal Camera about
8 months ago.
Except for a stuff up with Aussie Customs, I received what I had ordered
(grey market though - 'made in Japan').

Other than that I didn't have any problems.
I'm sorry to hear about everyone else.

Ian.K