Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > poor picture quality

poor picture quality

Jason Alsing

I have a Fuji FinePix 2800Z with 6X zoom, which is having some very poor
pictures a higher zoom levels. I can still get some decent pics a lower
zooms, but any more than about 50% zoom it gets bad, and more so at further
distances, lower light, etc. I've tried to eliminate lighting, movement as
the issue and done some tests, but still the quality is poor (unless the
lighting is REALLY good) Any Ideas if this is a repair which could be made
for a reasonable cost?

Here is what I'm talking about:

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~jalsing/0fujiproblems.html

Looks like the repair shop have screwed up the focusing. You send take it
back to them.

"Jason Alsing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B1vDb.5946$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> I have a Fuji FinePix 2800Z with 6X zoom, which is having some very poor
> pictures a higher zoom levels. I can still get some decent pics a lower
> zooms, but any more than about 50% zoom it gets bad, and more so at

further
> distances, lower light, etc. I've tried to eliminate lighting, movement as
> the issue and done some tests, but still the quality is poor (unless the
> lighting is REALLY good) Any Ideas if this is a repair which could be made
> for a reasonable cost?
>
> Here is what I'm talking about:
>
> http://home.ix.netcom.com/~jalsing/0fujiproblems.html

Larry Lynch

In article <caADb.3917$5F2.3600@news-
binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Subject: Re: poor picture quality
> From: <Enter Your Full Name> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
>
> Looks like the repair shop have screwed up the focusing. You send take it
> back to them.
>

> "Jason Alsing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:B1vDb.5946$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> > I have a Fuji FinePix 2800Z with 6X zoom, which is having some very poor
> > pictures a higher zoom levels. I can still get some decent pics a lower
> > zooms, but any more than about 50% zoom it gets bad, and more so at

> further
> > distances, lower light, etc. I've tried to eliminate lighting, movement as
> > the issue and done some tests, but still the quality is poor (unless the
> > lighting is REALLY good) Any Ideas if this is a repair which could be made
> > for a reasonable cost?
> >
> > Here is what I'm talking about:
> >
> > http://home.ix.netcom.com/~jalsing/0fujiproblems.html

The camera is NOT FOCUSING!

I can get pictures like that from my S5000 all night
long by using "manual" Focus or "Rushing" the focus by
pressing the shutter too quickly.

Try the "C-AF" (constant auto-focus) setting and see if
it gets better. If not I would have it repaired.

--
Larry Lynch
Lasting Imagery

Peter Aitken

"Jason Alsing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B1vDb.5946$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> I have a Fuji FinePix 2800Z with 6X zoom, which is having some very poor
> pictures a higher zoom levels. I can still get some decent pics a lower
> zooms, but any more than about 50% zoom it gets bad, and more so at

further
> distances, lower light, etc. I've tried to eliminate lighting, movement as
> the issue and done some tests, but still the quality is poor (unless the
> lighting is REALLY good) Any Ideas if this is a repair which could be made
> for a reasonable cost?
>
> Here is what I'm talking about:
>
> http://home.ix.netcom.com/~jalsing/0fujiproblems.html

Is your camera 6x *optical* zoom? If it is using digital zoom then there
will be unavoidable image degradation.

--
Peter Aitken

Don Stauffer

Are you using a tripod for zoom shots?

Jason Alsing wrote:

> I have a Fuji FinePix 2800Z with 6X zoom, which is having some very poor
> pictures a higher zoom levels. I can still get some decent pics a lower
> zooms, but any more than about 50% zoom it gets bad, and more so at further
> distances, lower light, etc. I've tried to eliminate lighting, movement as
> the issue and done some tests, but still the quality is poor (unless the
> lighting is REALLY good) Any Ideas if this is a repair which could be made
> for a reasonable cost?
>
> Here is what I'm talking about:
>
> http://home.ix.netcom.com/~jalsing/0fujiproblems.html

--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota
(E-Mail Removed)

Jason Alsing

I am using a tri-pod, for these shots, and complete auto mode. So I guess
it's back to repair. Any Ideas on what a repair like this goes for? I don't
think the camera is under warranty, and I'd just assume get a newer camera
if it's say $100 or more to repair....

news:(E-Mail Removed)...