Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Bayer cameras list?

Bayer cameras list?

Jacob Fruehling

Hi, I have been muddling through this group and trying to understand as
much as I can. I believe I have decided on getting a Bayer rather than
a Foveon camera. But I am having a really hard time finding a listing
of what cameras use this, and prices. I have $1000-$1500 (about the
price of the New Foveon Sigma) to spend. Can one very helpful someone
recommend a few Bayer type cameras that are in that price range? Thanks
in advance.

Jacob

Mark B.

"Jacob Fruehling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have been muddling through this group and trying to understand as
> much as I can. I believe I have decided on getting a Bayer rather than
> a Foveon camera. But I am having a really hard time finding a listing
> of what cameras use this, and prices. I have $1000-$1500 (about the
> price of the New Foveon Sigma) to spend. Can one very helpful someone
> recommend a few Bayer type cameras that are in that price range? Thanks
> in advance.
>
> Jacob

Sigma SD9/SD10 is the only camera out with a Foveon sensor. That's all you
need to know.

Mark

jriegle

AFAIK, All DSLRs outside the Sigmas, use the Bayer (RGBG) filtered CCD.
Nikon and a few others used a CYMG filter over the CCD in some compacts, but
there has always been some color reproduction issues and fringing. Nikon
seems to be going back to RGBG now. It seems RGBG is the best way to go.
John

"Jacob Fruehling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have been muddling through this group and trying to understand as
> much as I can. I believe I have decided on getting a Bayer rather than
> a Foveon camera. But I am having a really hard time finding a listing
> of what cameras use this, and prices. I have $1000-$1500 (about the
> price of the New Foveon Sigma) to spend. Can one very helpful someone
> recommend a few Bayer type cameras that are in that price range? Thanks
> in advance.
>
> Jacob

Tony Spadaro

Everything but Sigma.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Jacob Fruehling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have been muddling through this group and trying to understand as
> much as I can. I believe I have decided on getting a Bayer rather than
> a Foveon camera. But I am having a really hard time finding a listing
> of what cameras use this, and prices. I have $1000-$1500 (about the
> price of the New Foveon Sigma) to spend. Can one very helpful someone
> recommend a few Bayer type cameras that are in that price range? Thanks
> in advance.
>
> Jacob

Lionel

Kibo informs me that Jacob Fruehling <(E-Mail Removed)> stated that:

>Hi, I have been muddling through this group and trying to understand as
>much as I can. I believe I have decided on getting a Bayer rather than
>a Foveon camera. But I am having a really hard time finding a listing
>of what cameras use this

All of them, except for the Sigma.

>, and prices. I have $1000-$1500 (about the
>price of the New Foveon Sigma) to spend. Can one very helpful someone
>recommend a few Bayer type cameras that are in that price range? Thanks
>in advance.

My personal recommendation would be for the EOS 10D or 300D. You should
look at the Nikon[s?] as well.

Jacob Fruehling

Thanks to all. I have decided on the 300d rebel. Woo hoo! I am really
looking forward to it.

Jacob