Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Beginners photo editing software?

Beginners photo editing software?

Chris Wilson

What do you recommend for a beginner to get for digital photo editing? I
don't want to be overwhelmed with functionality I will probably not
understand or need for ages. Thanks.
--
Best regards,
Chris.

Cyndi

I use Adobe Photo Deluxe, Irfanview and PictureIt Express...........they are all extremely easy and probably won't do any of the fancy things you will want for later......Irfanview can with all the plugins, but I don't have any of them.
--
Cyndi
"Chris Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> What do you recommend for a beginner to get for digital photo editing? I
> don't want to be overwhelmed with functionality I will probably not
> understand or need for ages. Thanks.
> --
> Best regards,
> Chris.

Jim Waggener

"Chris Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> What do you recommend for a beginner to get for digital photo editing? I
> don't want to be overwhelmed with functionality I will probably not
> understand or need for ages. Thanks.
> --
> Best regards,
> Chris.

Chris,
Adobe Elements 2.0 is a great program to start with.
It will walk you through just about anything you want with just a click of
the mouse.
Very user friendly and powerful.

Don Coon

"Jim Waggener" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Chris Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > What do you recommend for a beginner to get for digital photo editing? I
> > don't want to be overwhelmed with functionality I will probably not
> > understand or need for ages. Thanks.
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Chris.

> Chris,
> Adobe Elements 2.0 is a great program to start with.
> It will walk you through just about anything you want with just a click of
> the mouse.
> Very user friendly and powerful.

CompUSA has Elements 2.0 bundled with PhotoShop Album 2.0 for $69 after $45
in rebates.

Agree it's great and if or when you're ready to move up to PhotoShop,
everything you've learned transfers.

Markeau

I recommend one of the Microsoft offerings for a beginner:
http://www.microsoft.com/products/im...ts/default.asp

"Chris Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> What do you recommend for a beginner to get for digital photo
> editing? I don't want to be overwhelmed with functionality I will
> probably not understand or need for ages. Thanks.

HRosita

>"Don Coon" wrote:

>Agree it's great and if or when you're ready to move up to PhotoShop,
>everything you've learned transfers.

I second the opinion, Also there are a lot of tutorials and forums for
Elements.

Rosita

peweg

I agree with the other folks. Photoshop Elements. It can be used at a
beginners level, but there is plenty in it for advanced users.
Around here, (CO) Walmart has the best price. $58.

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:25:46 -0000, Chris Wilson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What do you recommend for a beginner to get for digital photo editing? I
>don't want to be overwhelmed with functionality I will probably not
>understand or need for ages. Thanks.
>--
>Best regards,
> Chris.

Alan Browne

> "Chris Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>
>>What do you recommend for a beginner to get for digital photo editing? I
>>don't want to be overwhelmed with functionality I will probably not
>>understand or need for ages. Thanks.
>>--
>>Best regards,
>> Chris.

> Chris,
> Adobe Elements 2.0 is a great program to start with.
> It will walk you through just about anything you want with just a click of
> the mouse.
> Very user friendly and powerful.

Concur.

Alan Browne

Markeau wrote:

> I recommend one of the Microsoft offerings for a beginner:
> http://www.microsoft.com/products/im...ts/default.asp

The recomendation of a Microsoft imaging product is indication that you
should not be making recomendations.

--
e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.

Zorin the Lynx

peweg wrote:

> I agree with the other folks. Photoshop Elements. It can be used at a
> beginners level, but there is plenty in it for advanced users.
> Around here, (CO) Walmart has the best price. $58.

Heh, on an off-topic note, I bet a lot of software pirates were upset
when Elements came out; they could no longer use "ridiculously
overpriced" as an excuse to pirate Photoshop for simple image editing...

In any case, I'm glad Adobe released Elements. The market really needed
a GOOD image processing package at a price that mere mortals were
willing to pay. I don't know of anyone outside a professional printing
scene that has used Photoshop's advanced features not present in Elements...

-Z