Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital Rebel bought - HOLLY COW

Reply
Thread Tools

Digital Rebel bought - HOLLY COW

 
 
Michael
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2003
Coming from an Olympus C-5050, Olympus Stylus 400 and a Nikon Coolpix this
camera is amazing from just the short time I've used it. I can take pictures
like I'm using a 35mm camera. NO LAG! Finally! All the money I've spent on
those point-n-shoot models. Well, this week I'll do some more
experimenting...so far I'm amazed.




----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Tumbleweed
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2003

"Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fde056e$1_2@127.0.0.1...
> Coming from an Olympus C-5050, Olympus Stylus 400 and a Nikon Coolpix this
> camera is amazing from just the short time I've used it. I can take

pictures
> like I'm using a 35mm camera. NO LAG! Finally! All the money I've spent on
> those point-n-shoot models. Well, this week I'll do some more
> experimenting...so far I'm amazed.
>


Never mind that, what about the cow? Does the holly come off after Xmas?
It must be very prickly!

--
Tumbleweed

Remove theobvious before replying (but no email reply necessary to
newsgroups)



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mark Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2003
"Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Coming from an Olympus C-5050, Olympus Stylus 400 and a Nikon Coolpix this
>camera is amazing from just the short time I've used it. I can take pictures


Don't hurt the cow.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Self
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2003
Mark Johnson responds:

>>Coming from an Olympus C-5050, Olympus Stylus 400 and a Nikon Coolpix this
>>camera is amazing from just the short time I've used it. I can take pictures

>
>Don't hurt the cow.


Especially don't feed it holly.

Charlie Self

"Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal."
Alexander Hamilton

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html























 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2003
The cow is fine...it's trying to keep up with me. All the shots I missed at
my friend's wedding could have been gotten with this Rebel easily. Due to
the slow speed of processing time I guess. Having walked through the
hallways of work just snapping shots was nice to see no delays. Now to find
out how to turn the flash off during auto mode. Most indoor shots come out
yellowish in the indoor lights. Experimenting is the only way!

"Tumbleweed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fde0b0a$0$402$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fde056e$1_2@127.0.0.1...
> > Coming from an Olympus C-5050, Olympus Stylus 400 and a Nikon Coolpix

this
> > camera is amazing from just the short time I've used it. I can take

> pictures
> > like I'm using a 35mm camera. NO LAG! Finally! All the money I've spent

on
> > those point-n-shoot models. Well, this week I'll do some more
> > experimenting...so far I'm amazed.
> >

>
> Never mind that, what about the cow? Does the holly come off after Xmas?
> It must be very prickly!
>
> --
> Tumbleweed
>
> Remove theobvious before replying (but no email reply necessary to
> newsgroups)
>
>
>





----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary Eickmeier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-16-2003


Charlie Self wrote:

> Especially don't feed it holly.


Interesting twist on an old exclamation, for Christmas.

Gary Eickmeier

 
Reply With Quote
 
Samuel Paik
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-16-2003
"Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Now to find
> out how to turn the flash off during auto mode.


On the mode dial on the top, the green box is full auto, and P is
program auto exposure, in full auto the camera decides whether
to use flash while in P it doesn't make flash decisions for you.
 
Reply With Quote
 
jriegle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-16-2003
I was impressed with mine as well, but I expected that after much research.
Have some fun, crank it up to ISO 800 or 1600 and enjoy the relatively noise
free images.
John

"Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fde056e$1_2@127.0.0.1...
> Coming from an Olympus C-5050, Olympus Stylus 400 and a Nikon Coolpix this
> camera is amazing from just the short time I've used it. I can take

pictures
> like I'm using a 35mm camera. NO LAG! Finally! All the money I've spent on
> those point-n-shoot models. Well, this week I'll do some more
> experimenting...so far I'm amazed.
>
>
>
>
> ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet

News==----
> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000

Newsgroups
> ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption

=---


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob Hatch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-16-2003
"Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fde2815$1_2@127.0.0.1...
> The cow is fine...it's trying to keep up with me. All the shots I missed

at
> my friend's wedding could have been gotten with this Rebel easily. Due to
> the slow speed of processing time I guess. Having walked through the
> hallways of work just snapping shots was nice to see no delays. Now to

find
> out how to turn the flash off during auto mode. Most indoor shots come out
> yellowish in the indoor lights. Experimenting is the only way!
>

There is no need to experiment. Learn to do custom white balance. Use a
Kodak Gray card or a clean white card and your images indoors will look
fine. The camera will determine that "white" looks a little bit yellowish
and then compensate for that.
--
"Secular nations have one thing in common -- mass graves, and
the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter
of right and wrong and good and evil." --Rob Schenk
http://www.bobhatch.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-16-2003
Point me in the right direction....I'd want to learn then rely on the camera
all the time. My goal is to take good pictures inside an office with
flouresant lighting. Small challenge, but I'll give it a shot and keep on
going! Do what with a/the whitecard and how big should this white card be?

"Bob Hatch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brltat$4re8f$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fde2815$1_2@127.0.0.1...
> > The cow is fine...it's trying to keep up with me. All the shots I missed

> at
> > my friend's wedding could have been gotten with this Rebel easily. Due

to
> > the slow speed of processing time I guess. Having walked through the
> > hallways of work just snapping shots was nice to see no delays. Now to

> find
> > out how to turn the flash off during auto mode. Most indoor shots come

out
> > yellowish in the indoor lights. Experimenting is the only way!
> >

> There is no need to experiment. Learn to do custom white balance. Use a
> Kodak Gray card or a clean white card and your images indoors will look
> fine. The camera will determine that "white" looks a little bit yellowish
> and then compensate for that.
> --
> "Secular nations have one thing in common -- mass graves, and
> the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter
> of right and wrong and good and evil." --Rob Schenk
> http://www.bobhatch.com
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If people bought cars like they bought computers Jordon Computer Support 0 12-23-2009 07:08 PM
Buddy Holly - anniversary of death Feb 3 richard1969@usa.com Computer Support 6 02-02-2006 05:33 AM
Just Bought Digital Rebel - Took 1 Picture and It Died RacerRik Digital Photography 9 06-24-2004 08:04 PM
Just bought a Digital Rebel just 1 question RacerX Digital Photography 7 11-21-2003 01:51 PM
If you bought a Digital Rebel from Best Buy in the last 12 days read this! Jerry Digital Photography 5 09-28-2003 06:10 AM



Advertisments