Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Has anyone used a ScanDisk?

Has anyone used a ScanDisk?

Skymuffins

http://www.smartdisk.com

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is worth it. It seems like a
better alternative that lugging a notebook PC into the field to store
images.

Anyone have any feedback?

- Harrison.

fake name

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Skymuffins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://www.smartdisk.com
>
> I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is worth it. It seems like a
> better alternative that lugging a notebook PC into the field to store
> images.
>
> Anyone have any feedback?

isn't it cheaper (and more stylish) to get an iPod? yes, you can get a
Belkin card reader for iPod.

Chris Quinn

I bought one a few weeks ago and am impressed with it so far - I intend to
use it on diving trips - earlier this year I took a laptop to Egypt with me
and was overweight. The smartdisk will fit in my pocket and will hold
1000's of photos - more than enough for myself and my room-mate (I also
bought the multi-card adaptor), and I can take a lot of mp3's with me for on
the plane and in the hotel

"Skymuffins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.smartdisk.com
>
> I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is worth it. It seems like

> better alternative that lugging a notebook PC into the field to store
> images.
>
> Anyone have any feedback?
>
> - Harrison.

Mike Brodbelt

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 01:42:01 +0000, fake name wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Skymuffins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> http://www.smartdisk.com
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is worth it. It seems
>> like a better alternative that lugging a notebook PC into the field to
>> store images.
>>
>> Anyone have any feedback?

> isn't it cheaper (and more stylish) to get an iPod? yes, you can get a
> Belkin card reader for iPod.

The flashtrax smartdisk has a number of useful looking features - it
provides viewing of your images (including various manufacturer RAW
formats) and movies, TV output, and is generally quite a photographer
friendly device. It's unarguably better than the iPod in this regard, and
it also plays music.

Whether it's worth the price is another matter - I have no interest in an
iPod, but I'd quite like one of these things. That's not necessarily to
say I'd be willing to pay for one though....

Mike.