Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Epson 2200 and compatible products

Epson 2200 and compatible products

SS

Does anyone out there have any opinion concerning the use of compatible
products (paper and ink) with the Epson 2200 printer? How about information
onwhere to find genuine Epson paper and ink at a discount?

Marc Alverson

www.atlex.com

"SS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone out there have any opinion concerning the use of compatible
> products (paper and ink) with the Epson 2200 printer? How about

information
> onwhere to find genuine Epson paper and ink at a discount?

JIM

www.adorama.com

Just purchased a complete set of 2200 ink cartridges @ $9.95 ea along with
some enhanced matte paper @ $13+ s&h.........

Delivered UPS three day.

Shoot'em up, buy from anyone, Agfa, Fuji, Kodak and all the rest will love
you for it!!

Jim

"SS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone out there have any opinion concerning the use of compatible
> products (paper and ink) with the Epson 2200 printer? How about

information
> onwhere to find genuine Epson paper and ink at a discount?

JIM

"Marc Alverson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gv3Db.20408$(E-Mail Removed)...
> www.atlex.com

Looks as though these folk have good prices, if the product is as
advertised. Anyone able to verify genuine Epson products from Atlex?
Response to order and product availability?

Jim

Mark Herring

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 06:05:21 GMT, "JIM" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Marc Alverson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:gv3Db.20408$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> www.atlex.com

>Looks as though these folk have good prices, if the product is as
>advertised. Anyone able to verify genuine Epson products from Atlex?
>Response to order and product availability?
>
>Jim

Excellent experience with Atlex---every time
**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Rafe B.

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:38:25 -0500, "SS" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Does anyone out there have any opinion concerning the use of compatible
>products (paper and ink) with the Epson 2200 printer? How about information
>onwhere to find genuine Epson paper and ink at a discount?

For paper, there are any number of alternatives.

But for ink, not quite so many. The unique thing
about the 2200 is of course its Ultrachrome inks.

If you go with any vendor other than Epson, you're
on your own with the lightfastness issue.

For good prices on genuine Epson media,
try atlex.com.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com

John Horner

"SS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone out there have any opinion concerning the use of compatible
> products (paper and ink) with the Epson 2200 printer? How about

information
> onwhere to find genuine Epson paper and ink at a discount?

Stick with Epson paper and inks until you are an expert at color management.
If you ever get to expert level then you will know what other papers you
might want to use.

www.bhphotovideo.com and www.adorama.com are the two biggest New York
photography supply places and generally have very good prices, but you will
need to put together orders large enough to overcome the shipping costs in
order to really save money.

John

Flycaster

"John Horner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "SS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anyone out there have any opinion concerning the use of compatible
> > products (paper and ink) with the Epson 2200 printer? How about

> information
> > onwhere to find genuine Epson paper and ink at a discount?
> >

> Stick with Epson paper and inks until you are an expert at color

management.
> If you ever get to expert level then you will know what other papers you
> might want to use.
>
> www.bhphotovideo.com and www.adorama.com are the two biggest New York
> photography supply places and generally have very good prices, but you

will
> need to put together orders large enough to overcome the shipping costs in
> order to really save money.

For exactly that reason I find inkjetart.com to be more cost effective.