Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Any lens hire places out there - UK ?

Any lens hire places out there - UK ?

Cool As Blu

I once read about one in the Minolta user magazine. However, I have swtched
to Canon and have now thrown out my old mags. Can anyone recommend somewhere
which will hir out lenses ?

--
Regards,

Cool As Blu

Alan D-W

"Cool As Blu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I once read about one in the Minolta user magazine. However, I have

swtched
> to Canon and have now thrown out my old mags. Can anyone recommend

somewhere
> which will hir out lenses ?

Google is your friend. 'uk lens hire' = 21,700 hits.
You could have tried that yourself.

Lost Soul

"Alan D-W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fdb3d1b$0$13350$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Cool As Blu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I once read about one in the Minolta user magazine. However, I have

> swtched
> > to Canon and have now thrown out my old mags. Can anyone recommend

> somewhere
> > which will hir out lenses ?
> >

> Google is your friend. 'uk lens hire' = 21,700 hits.
> You could have tried that yourself.

Try not to take this the wrong way, but the OP asked for a recommendation
not sarcasm. Why should he/she wade through 21,700 hits of dross to try and
find one gem when someone in here might know a place that is reliable and
clear things up in seconds?
I too hate stupid questions like "I want a digital camera, which one should
I buy?" and I wished some people would do a little research before they
posted as to what they really want out of a camera.
However, I feel the OP in this thread was simply after some quality advice,
from someone with experience with a retailer.
It would have been just as quick to say "Sorry, I can't help you" and left
it at that!

Cool As Blu

Well thanx for teaching me to suck eggs Alan. I was hoping for a
recommendation.

It is amazing that people will go to the trouble of doing a google search
just to try and look clever in a newsgroup. SAD!

Anyway, any recommendations ?

--
Regards,

Cool As Blu
"Lost Soul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:bUHCb.4534$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Alan D-W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fdb3d1b$0$13350$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Cool As Blu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I once read about one in the Minolta user magazine. However, I have

> > swtched
> > > to Canon and have now thrown out my old mags. Can anyone recommend

> > somewhere
> > > which will hir out lenses ?
> > >

> > Google is your friend. 'uk lens hire' = 21,700 hits.
> > You could have tried that yourself.

> Try not to take this the wrong way, but the OP asked for a recommendation
> not sarcasm. Why should he/she wade through 21,700 hits of dross to try

and
> find one gem when someone in here might know a place that is reliable and
> clear things up in seconds?
> I too hate stupid questions like "I want a digital camera, which one

should
> I buy?" and I wished some people would do a little research before they
> posted as to what they really want out of a camera.
> However, I feel the OP in this thread was simply after some quality

advice,
> from someone with experience with a retailer.
> It would have been just as quick to say "Sorry, I can't help you" and left
> it at that!

spacey

If it canon ef lenses you need a good tip is to search on e.bay for someone
selling something like an eos 1000 or similar with lenses with it, sell the body
on e.bay and you can get a 35-70 and 70 - 300 ef canon lense for around 50
which is less than you pay for one, do not under estimate the quality of a sigma
70-210 apo f 2.8
or a sigma 70-300 f 4.5 apo both offer razor sharp images for little money,
hiring could cost a 10nth of a lense value as a rule of thumb

http://listings.ebay.co.uk/aw/plisti....html?from=R10
for canon lenses

spacey

ps look at this
f2,8 70 210
fit all canon digital slr
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=30033

Gavin Gillespie

"spacey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> ps look at this
> f2,8 70 210
> fit all canon digital slr

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=30033

It might fit all Canon digital SLR's, but that does not mean that it
will work fully on them.
Some older Sigmas need rechipping to work on the latest EOS models, so
it would be advisable to check with the seller, if anyone is thinking
of purchasing the lens, and ask for assurances that it will work fully
with the latest cameras, but personally, and from the description
given, I have my doubts.
--
Gavin Gillespie
Giltbrook

T P

"Cool As Blu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I once read about one in the Minolta user magazine. However, I have swtched
>to Canon and have now thrown out my old mags. Can anyone recommend somewhere
>which will hir out lenses ?

Leeds Photographic, Calumet. Both have branches throughout the UK.

Crownfield

Cool As Blu wrote:

> Well thanx for teaching me to suck eggs Alan. I was hoping for a
> recommendation.
>
> It is amazing that people will go to the trouble of doing a google search
> just to try and look clever in a newsgroup. SAD!
>
> Anyway, any recommendations ?

web, mail, any town in particular?

try Calumet Photo.

> --
> Regards,
>
> Cool As Blu
> "Lost Soul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in message news:bUHCb.4534$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Alan D-W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:3fdb3d1b$0$13350$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > "Cool As Blu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > swtched
> > > somewhere
> > > >

> > > Google is your friend. 'uk lens hire' = 21,700 hits.
> > > You could have tried that yourself.

> > Try not to take this the wrong way, but the OP asked for a recommendation
> > not sarcasm. Why should he/she wade through 21,700 hits of dross to try

> and
> > find one gem when someone in here might know a place that is reliable and
> > clear things up in seconds?
> > I too hate stupid questions like "I want a digital camera, which one

> should
> > I buy?" and I wished some people would do a little research before they
> > posted as to what they really want out of a camera.
> > However, I feel the OP in this thread was simply after some quality

> advice,
> > from someone with experience with a retailer.
> > It would have been just as quick to say "Sorry, I can't help you" and left
> > it at that!

Coolasblu

> Leeds Photographic, Calumet. Both have branches throughout the UK.

Thanks

Cool