Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Oly C-4000 or C-750?

Oly C-4000 or C-750?

Rob Cornish

Hi. I've owned a C-4000 for a year now and I think thatit's a great camera.
The only thing that I would like to improve is the zoom so i've been looking
at purchasing the TCON-17 tele converter. After checking out he lens in the
store, i've realised how big it really is and have started to wonder if it's
practical. With this in mind I started to look at the other cameras that
are out now with larger zooms. What are the feeling of the Oly C-750? It
has a 10x optical zoom but how does it compare, aside from the zoom, with
the C-4000? I was thinking that I could sell the C-4000 and for the same
money as the lens, make the difference and get the C-750. At the moment,
i'd like to think that I could keep the C-4000 as I think that it's a great
camera, but if the C-750 is just as good than I might switch.

Thank for you help.

Rob.

R2D2

"Rob Cornish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:brdpic$eeh$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi. I've owned a C-4000 for a year now and I think thatit's a great
> camera. The only thing that I would like to improve is the zoom so
> i've been looking at purchasing the TCON-17 tele converter. After
> checking out he lens in the store, i've realised how big it really is
> and have started to wonder if it's practical. With this in mind I
> started to look at the other cameras that are out now with larger
> zooms. What are the feeling of the Oly C-750? It has a 10x optical
> zoom but how does it compare, aside from the zoom, with the C-4000? I
> was thinking that I could sell the C-4000 and for the same money as
> the lens, make the difference and get the C-750. At the moment, i'd
> like to think that I could keep the C-4000 as I think that it's a
> great camera, but if the C-750 is just as good than I might switch.
>
> Thank for you help.
>
> Rob.

You will lose sharpness, detail, and overall image quality for the extra
tele. Which is more important to you? That is a personal decision.

Rob Cornish

Well i'd like to retain the quality of the image.

C-750 the way?

Rob.

"R2D2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns945011D9FCD91R2D2starwarsjedi@130.133.1.4. ..
> "Rob Cornish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:brdpic$eeh$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hi. I've owned a C-4000 for a year now and I think thatit's a great
> > camera. The only thing that I would like to improve is the zoom so
> > i've been looking at purchasing the TCON-17 tele converter. After
> > checking out he lens in the store, i've realised how big it really is
> > and have started to wonder if it's practical. With this in mind I
> > started to look at the other cameras that are out now with larger
> > zooms. What are the feeling of the Oly C-750? It has a 10x optical
> > zoom but how does it compare, aside from the zoom, with the C-4000? I
> > was thinking that I could sell the C-4000 and for the same money as
> > the lens, make the difference and get the C-750. At the moment, i'd
> > like to think that I could keep the C-4000 as I think that it's a
> > great camera, but if the C-750 is just as good than I might switch.
> >
> > Thank for you help.
> >
> > Rob.

> You will lose sharpness, detail, and overall image quality for the extra
> tele. Which is more important to you? That is a personal decision.

R2D2

"Rob Cornish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:brds1j$fvc$(E-Mail Removed):

> Well i'd like to retain the quality of the image.
>
> C-750 the way?

No. Like I said, if you buy the C-750 you will gain more tele. Your images
will not be as sharp as you are getting now with the C-4000, and you will
lose detail and overall image quality. That is how it generally works with
zoom lenses with a big range.

Rob Cornish

Ahh OK. I thought you were refering to the add on tele lens not the 750.
I'm looking at some of the Sample shots from the 750 now so i'm sure i'll
see what you mean.

news:Xns94501590ADC55R2D2starwarsjedi@130.133.1.4. ..
> "Rob Cornish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:brds1j$fvc$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Well i'd like to retain the quality of the image.
> >
> > C-750 the way?

> No. Like I said, if you buy the C-750 you will gain more tele. Your images
> will not be as sharp as you are getting now with the C-4000, and you will
> lose detail and overall image quality. That is how it generally works with
> zoom lenses with a big range.

ThermosBoy (TM)

To my eyes, the C-750 is a great upgrade from the C-4000. I certainly
didn't notice loss of detail on a friend's over my own C-4000. I have
been thru hundreds of pics. I would trade up without hesitation.