Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak easyshare software?

Kodak easyshare software?

FreakyDeaky99@webtv.net

I loaded the Kodak easyshare software onto my Compaq.The software works
fine except when I go into "my pictures" section of computer, which is
seperate from the kodak part, the way you view the pictures has changed.
The kodak software has attached itself to "the my pictures" part. It
crops all your pictures a certain way.

I closed out the software and somehow once got it to go back to the
previous setting but couldnt get it to do it again. How can I get that
section of my computer back short of deleting the easy share load?

trucker101

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 18:33:33 -0500 (EST), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

>I loaded the Kodak easyshare software onto my Compaq.The software works
>fine except when I go into "my pictures" section of computer, which is
>seperate from the kodak part, the way you view the pictures has changed.
>The kodak software has attached itself to "the my pictures" part. It
>crops all your pictures a certain way.
>
>I closed out the software and somehow once got it to go back to the
>previous setting but couldnt get it to do it again. How can I get that
>section of my computer back short of deleting the easy share load?

I don't know for sure this will work for what you describe or not, but
what I do when I want a specific program to open my pix is to

#1 "HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY "WHILE"
#2 "(right clicking) or opposite mouse button than you usually use to
select your pic" then...
#3 click "OPEN WITH" then
#4 scroll thru the programs there & pick the one you want to use. At
the bottom of that box there is a little box you can put a tick mark
in,or not depending on what you want to do. If you set it to always
open with that program then any time you click "ON A PIC" that's the
program that will open it. But if you start another program to see &
edit your pics,they will still open with that program.

The Kodak program probably set it self up as the "DEFAULT" program.
BTY you can do all of the above to open most files with different
programs that are made for them.
my web page
http://www.trucker101.4t.com/

Marvin Margoshes

"trucker101" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 18:33:33 -0500 (EST), (E-Mail Removed)
> wrote:
>

> >I loaded the Kodak easyshare software onto my Compaq.The software works
> >fine except when I go into "my pictures" section of computer, which is
> >seperate from the kodak part, the way you view the pictures has changed.
> >The kodak software has attached itself to "the my pictures" part. It
> >crops all your pictures a certain way.
> >
> >I closed out the software and somehow once got it to go back to the
> >previous setting but couldnt get it to do it again. How can I get that
> >section of my computer back short of deleting the easy share load?

> I don't know for sure this will work for what you describe or not, but
> what I do when I want a specific program to open my pix is to
>
> #1 "HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY "WHILE"
> #2 "(right clicking) or opposite mouse button than you usually use to
> select your pic" then...
> #3 click "OPEN WITH" then
> #4 scroll thru the programs there & pick the one you want to use. At
> the bottom of that box there is a little box you can put a tick mark
> in,or not depending on what you want to do. If you set it to always
> open with that program then any time you click "ON A PIC" that's the
> program that will open it. But if you start another program to see &
> edit your pics,they will still open with that program.

That isn't how to do it, at least in Windows XP. Right-click on a picture
file name. In the dialog box that comes up, click on "Open with", and then
on "Choose program". That brings up a dialog box with a place you can click
to make the program you choose the default.

> The Kodak program probably set it self up as the "DEFAULT" program.
> BTY you can do all of the above to open most files with different
> programs that are made for them.
> my web page
> http://www.trucker101.4t.com/

Ron Baird

Hi Freaky,

Sounds like you allowed the EasyShare program to become the default program
for your JPG files and others. This is an option during the installation.
If choose top make EasyShare the default to review JPG files on your system
or in an email, for example, it will open EasyShare to display any image
file type included in the list, i.e. TIFF, BMP, etc..

If you want to change the program that is designated to open a file type
(image file in this case) by your operating system, you need to associate
the file type with the program you want to use. In the future, any file you
want to open of this kind will use the program you have chosen. For
example, if you want all JPG files to be opened by the Kodak Picture
Software, even when reviewing on the web, this is the program that will open
and be used by your operating system.

For most Windows programs, you can change which program starts when you open
a file by:
Clicking on My Computer or opening Windows Explorer
Choose the Folder Option from the View menu.
Click the File Types tab
In the list of file types, click the one you want to change, i.e. JPG
Click Edit.
In the Actions, click Open.
Click Edit.
In Application Used to Perform Action, enter the program you want to use to
open files that have this extension, or browse your hard drive to find it,
then click OK.

Note: The settings for selected file types are shown in File Type Details.

Talk to you soon, Freaky, let me know if you have questions.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company