Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > My New Website Finally Finished

My New Website Finally Finished

Peakoverload

Hi everyone,

I've been into photography for about 3 years now and rapidly this has
expanded from a hobby to an obsession!!

I started off using a Fuji Finepix 4900 Zoom and then about 9 months
ago I bought a Canon EOS-10D which I have to say, I LOVE!

I seem to always have a camera in my hand and have now finally got
around to building myself a web site.

I'm certainly not the greatest photographer around and I doubt that I
will ever 'set the world on fire' with any of my shots but I don't do
it for recognition, purely for my own enjoyment.

I would be grateful for any feedback you can give both positive and
negative both on my photos and on my web site in general.

My web site is a community portal one where people can submit there
own pictures. My photographs are in the gallery with my name (clever
huh )

The web address is www.peakoverload.com

Anyway I hope you like them.

All the best

Oliver Johnson

SimonG Ltd.

"Peakoverload" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been into photography for about 3 years now and rapidly this has
> expanded from a hobby to an obsession!!
>
> I started off using a Fuji Finepix 4900 Zoom and then about 9 months
> ago I bought a Canon EOS-10D which I have to say, I LOVE!
>
> I seem to always have a camera in my hand and have now finally got
> around to building myself a web site.
>
> I'm certainly not the greatest photographer around and I doubt that I
> will ever 'set the world on fire' with any of my shots but I don't do
> it for recognition, purely for my own enjoyment.
>
> I would be grateful for any feedback you can give both positive and
> negative both on my photos and on my web site in general.
>
> My web site is a community portal one where people can submit there
> own pictures. My photographs are in the gallery with my name (clever
> huh )
>
> The web address is www.peakoverload.com
>
> Anyway I hope you like them.
>
> All the best

I was going to take a look but I'm not going to register to do so . . .
sorry . . .

regards, SimonG

Don F

"Peakoverload" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
<snip>
> Hi everyone,

> I would be grateful for any feedback you can give both positive and
> negative both on my photos and on my web site in general.

> Anyway I hope you like them.
> All the best
> Oliver Johnson

You ask for feedback from the group but the group must register to do so.
Not very friendly.
Don F

curious dude

Yes, please dont require us to go through one more registraiton process. we
would love to see and take part, but........

Alan D-W

"SimonG Ltd." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brcc8f$1rf17$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> I was going to take a look but I'm not going to register to do so . . .
> sorry . . .
>

> regards, SimonG

I can only agree. Sorry peakoverload, I have enough registrations to try to
remember.
Alan

JohnO

I have to agree with the others ... very annoying having to go through 5
different screens only to find out I can't view your photos unless I
register.

You said ... "I don't do it for recognition, purely for my own enjoyment."
.... great way to avoid recognition

"Peakoverload" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been into photography for about 3 years now and rapidly this has
> expanded from a hobby to an obsession!!
>
> I started off using a Fuji Finepix 4900 Zoom and then about 9 months
> ago I bought a Canon EOS-10D which I have to say, I LOVE!
>
> I seem to always have a camera in my hand and have now finally got
> around to building myself a web site.
>
> I'm certainly not the greatest photographer around and I doubt that I
> will ever 'set the world on fire' with any of my shots but I don't do
> it for recognition, purely for my own enjoyment.
>
> I would be grateful for any feedback you can give both positive and
> negative both on my photos and on my web site in general.
>
> My web site is a community portal one where people can submit there
> own pictures. My photographs are in the gallery with my name (clever
> huh )
>
> The web address is www.peakoverload.com
>
> Anyway I hope you like them.
>
> All the best
>
> Oliver Johnson

Iconoclast

Register for what? Noway. Instant turn-off

Font on your home page is too small.

--
Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

"Peakoverload" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been into photography for about 3 years now and rapidly this has
> expanded from a hobby to an obsession!!
>
> I started off using a Fuji Finepix 4900 Zoom and then about 9 months
> ago I bought a Canon EOS-10D which I have to say, I LOVE!
>
> I seem to always have a camera in my hand and have now finally got
> around to building myself a web site.
>
> I'm certainly not the greatest photographer around and I doubt that I
> will ever 'set the world on fire' with any of my shots but I don't do
> it for recognition, purely for my own enjoyment.
>
> I would be grateful for any feedback you can give both positive and
> negative both on my photos and on my web site in general.
>
> My web site is a community portal one where people can submit there
> own pictures. My photographs are in the gallery with my name (clever
> huh )
>
> The web address is www.peakoverload.com
>
> Anyway I hope you like them.
>
> All the best
>
> Oliver Johnson

PhotoMan

Get back to us when you're willing to share freely - no sign-ups PLEASE!

"Iconoclast" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bHlCb.20259$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Register for what? Noway. Instant turn-off
>
> Font on your home page is too small.
>
> --
> Walter
> The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net
> -
>
> "Peakoverload" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I've been into photography for about 3 years now and rapidly this has
> > expanded from a hobby to an obsession!!
> >
> > I started off using a Fuji Finepix 4900 Zoom and then about 9 months
> > ago I bought a Canon EOS-10D which I have to say, I LOVE!
> >
> > I seem to always have a camera in my hand and have now finally got
> > around to building myself a web site.
> >
> > I'm certainly not the greatest photographer around and I doubt that I
> > will ever 'set the world on fire' with any of my shots but I don't do
> > it for recognition, purely for my own enjoyment.
> >
> > I would be grateful for any feedback you can give both positive and
> > negative both on my photos and on my web site in general.
> >
> > My web site is a community portal one where people can submit there
> > own pictures. My photographs are in the gallery with my name (clever
> > huh )
> >
> > The web address is www.peakoverload.com
> >
> > Anyway I hope you like them.
> >
> > All the best
> >
> > Oliver Johnson

Peakoverload

Hey I'm sorry!!

My mistake, I didn't realise that I had disabled anonymous viewing.

It's fixed now.

Oliver

PhotoMan

"Peakoverload" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hey I'm sorry!!
>
> My mistake, I didn't realise that I had disabled anonymous viewing.
>
> It's fixed now.
>
> Oliver

Just signed up. I like the layout and premise of your site. Good luck - I'm
off to look around and explore.
Joe Arnold