Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji S602Z Reset?

Fuji S602Z Reset?

Angel

My daugthers XMas play - 30 odd photo's in the camera, pretty pleased with
my self. On the way home took a photo of sheep in a field (sad I know), but
when I went to turn on camera it was asking for the time and date to be set.
It had completely reset itself, wiped the cards clean - not a single photo
was left in it. Batteries were fresh (and still going strong now!). Any
ideas? Can you force a S602Z to reset with some accidental dodgy key
combination?

Bill

Wow.........sounds strange. I have the same camera. Never had that happen.
Buf if you find out what caused it, let me know!
Bill

"Angel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RF4Cb.414$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My daugthers XMas play - 30 odd photo's in the camera, pretty pleased with
> my self. On the way home took a photo of sheep in a field (sad I know),

but
> when I went to turn on camera it was asking for the time and date to be

set.
> It had completely reset itself, wiped the cards clean - not a single photo
> was left in it. Batteries were fresh (and still going strong now!). Any
> ideas? Can you force a S602Z to reset with some accidental dodgy key
> combination?

pjp

Only obvious thing would be it somehow lost power for too long, e.g.
batteries removed or simply a poor connection on any one end might do it?

Angel wrote:
> My daugthers XMas play - 30 odd photo's in the camera, pretty pleased
> with my self. On the way home took a photo of sheep in a field (sad
> I know), but when I went to turn on camera it was asking for the time
> and date to be set. It had completely reset itself, wiped the cards
> clean - not a single photo was left in it. Batteries were fresh (and
> still going strong now!). Any ideas? Can you force a S602Z to reset
> with some accidental dodgy key combination?

Angel

It was no more than 20 minutes between taking the last photo and having to
reset the time. The batteries weren't removed. I have two cards in there -
the 128Mb smartmedia and a 256 CompactFlash.

Changing subject completely, which is best? Smart media, those wafer thin
type jobs or the chunky COmpactFlash or are they all pretty much the same.
I am VERY new to this digital game so apologies for the nobby questions.

It's forums like this where your knowledge can double in a very few visits -
all help is much appreciated.

"pjp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Y95Cb.9611$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Only obvious thing would be it somehow lost power for too long, e.g.
> batteries removed or simply a poor connection on any one end might do it?
>
> Angel wrote:
> > My daugthers XMas play - 30 odd photo's in the camera, pretty pleased
> > with my self. On the way home took a photo of sheep in a field (sad
> > I know), but when I went to turn on camera it was asking for the time
> > and date to be set. It had completely reset itself, wiped the cards
> > clean - not a single photo was left in it. Batteries were fresh (and
> > still going strong now!). Any ideas? Can you force a S602Z to reset
> > with some accidental dodgy key combination?

pjp

But even that wouldn't explain the loss of images on the card.

pjp wrote:
> Only obvious thing would be it somehow lost power for too long, e.g.
> batteries removed or simply a poor connection on any one end might do
> it?
>
> Angel wrote:
>> My daugthers XMas play - 30 odd photo's in the camera, pretty pleased
>> with my self. On the way home took a photo of sheep in a field (sad
>> I know), but when I went to turn on camera it was asking for the time
>> and date to be set. It had completely reset itself, wiped the cards
>> clean - not a single photo was left in it. Batteries were fresh (and
>> still going strong now!). Any ideas? Can you force a S602Z to reset
>> with some accidental dodgy key combination?

JC Dill

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:47:43 -0000, "Angel" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My daugthers XMas play - 30 odd photo's in the camera, pretty pleased with
>my self. On the way home took a photo of sheep in a field (sad I know), but
>when I went to turn on camera it was asking for the time and date to be set.
>It had completely reset itself, wiped the cards clean - not a single photo
>was left in it.

Sounds like a good time to try one of those data recovery programs.
With any luck, the reset and sheep picture only overwrote 1 or 2 of
the photos from the play, and the rest are recoverable.

Good Luck!

jc

Bill

Perhaps it was subjected to static in some way. Where did you have the
camera? Did you notice a static charge when you went to grab it?

Bill

"Angel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RF4Cb.414$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My daugthers XMas play - 30 odd photo's in the camera, pretty pleased with
> my self. On the way home took a photo of sheep in a field (sad I know),

but
> when I went to turn on camera it was asking for the time and date to be

set.
> It had completely reset itself, wiped the cards clean - not a single photo
> was left in it. Batteries were fresh (and still going strong now!). Any
> ideas? Can you force a S602Z to reset with some accidental dodgy key
> combination?

Angel

It was in a large 'inside pocket', yes, possibly subject to static. I'm
looking into the data recovery aspect now suggested in an earlier thread.

Thanks all for your interest.

> Perhaps it was subjected to static in some way. Where did you have the
> camera? Did you notice a static charge when you went to grab it?
>
> Bill
>
> "Angel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:RF4Cb.414$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My daugthers XMas play - 30 odd photo's in the camera, pretty pleased

with
> > my self. On the way home took a photo of sheep in a field (sad I know),

> but
> > when I went to turn on camera it was asking for the time and date to be

> set.
> > It had completely reset itself, wiped the cards clean - not a single

photo
> > was left in it. Batteries were fresh (and still going strong now!).

Any
> > ideas? Can you force a S602Z to reset with some accidental dodgy key
> > combination?

Larry Lynch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >My daugthers XMas play - 30 odd photo's in the camera, pretty pleased with
> >my self. On the way home took a photo of sheep in a field (sad I know), but
> >when I went to turn on camera it was asking for the time and date to be set.
> >It had completely reset itself, wiped the cards clean - not a single photo
> >was left in it.

I had a friend who had a similar incident with an
Olympus camera.

The card appeared wiped out and the camera re-set itself
to defaults.

His wife had removed the memory without waiting for the
camera to cycle off.

Both the camera and the computer showed no pictures on
the disk

60 of the 74 pictures on the card were salvaged by a
program called DIR (digital image recovery). This
program is no longer available for free from the people
that wrote it, but a newer version is available in a
trial version, and costs (If I recall) about $30 (US).
--
Larry Lynch
Lasting Imagery

I used to get this occasionally with my S602, but only ever when there were
two cards in. You will probably find that the pictures are still there, but
the camera has switched to using the SM card instead of the CF card. I would
recommend you just keep the CF card in the camera.

news:(E-Mail Removed).. .