Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ZOOM PROBLEMS

ZOOM PROBLEMS

Jason Alsing

All-
I have a Fuji FinePix 2800Z with 6X optical zoom, etc. When I first
bought it, it worked wonderfully. However, about a year later, the
lens "fell off". Fuji repaired the lens under warranty, however, it
seems that since then, the picture quality hasn't been near what it
was, especially in flash situations, and even more noticeably at
higher zoom levels. It seems OK outdoors with no zoom, but even
outdoors at higher zooms it starts to degrade. Full zoom, forget about
it.

So is this just an adjustment that a repair facility can make, or is
one of my sensors shot or something. I could probably replace with
identical camera for $150 - $200, or even upgrade to a higher MP
camera for not much more.

Any ideas welcome...