Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Scripts

Perl Scripts

Bill Cunningham

Can one (I know nothing about perl but I'm looking since xml) write
perlscripts for a brower as such?

<script language="perlscript" >

Does this exist?

Bill

Jürgen Exner

Bill Cunningham wrote:
> Can one (I know nothing about perl but I'm looking since xml) write
> perlscripts for a brower as such?
>
> <script language="perlscript" >
>
> Does this exist?

Well, yes.
The difference between Perl scripts (see your subject line) and PerlScript
(what you are asking about in the body of your posting) is pretty much the
same as between Java scripts and JavaScript.

However, opposite to JavaScript, the only browser to support PerlScript is
IE and you need to install the extension from ActiveState yourself.

jue