Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak EasyShare email not working right

Kodak EasyShare email not working right

Greg Kamer

Hi All,
Just purchased the Kodak EasyShare CX6330 and Printer Dock as
an ealry Christmas present. But I'm having trouble with the email
feature.....

We have 2 computers. I hooked the printer dock to my wifes computer. She
wanted to be able to print pictures without going through the computer, so
thats why we decided on the Kodak EasyShare.

I installed the software for both the camera and printer dock on her
computer, and only installed the camera software on mine. I downloaded the
updated camera software version 3.2.1.2 to both computers.

On my computer, if I connect the camera directly via the USB cable, I can
edit my email list and send it to the camera with no problems. I can then
review images on the camera, mark them for sharing through email, and when I
connect, it automatically sets up to email the images. The selected images
are then sent to the proper email addresses with no problems.

However, when I place the camera in the dock on my wife's computer and try
to access the email address book through the Easyshare software, it displays
a message saying there is no camera connected to the computer, even though
the printer dock is plugged into the USB port.

When I check the dock properties, it shows as being connected through USB
virtual port so it's "talking" to the computer.

I know the computer can see the camera, because I am able to use the
Transfer button on the printer dock to transfer pictures from the camera,
through my wife's computer, over our network and onto my computer.

But with the camera in the dock, if I open the EasyShare software and try to
either get the address book from the camera or send an updated address book
to the computer, it tells me there is no device connected to the computer.

Now I'm stumped? Any ideas?

William Jackson

"Greg Kamer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> On my computer, if I connect the camera directly via the USB cable, I can
> edit my email list and send it to the camera with no problems. I can then
> review images on the camera, mark them for sharing through email, and when

> connect, it automatically sets up to email the images. The selected images
> are then sent to the proper email addresses with no problems.
>
> However, when I place the camera in the dock on my wife's computer and try
> to access the email address book through the Easyshare software, it

displays
> a message saying there is no camera connected to the computer, even though
> the printer dock is plugged into the USB port.

It appears that you are using two different computers? If so, have you
tried to take the dock to the other computer?

From the software and driver side, we see the camera either through the dock
or directly plugged as a USB connected device. There's no difference from
the SW standpoint.

Matt

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 15:41:34 -0500, "William Jackson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Greg Kamer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi All,
>>
>> On my computer, if I connect the camera directly via the USB cable, I can
>> edit my email list and send it to the camera with no problems. I can then
>> review images on the camera, mark them for sharing through email, and when

>> connect, it automatically sets up to email the images. The selected images
>> are then sent to the proper email addresses with no problems.
>>
>> However, when I place the camera in the dock on my wife's computer and try
>> to access the email address book through the Easyshare software, it

>displays
>> a message saying there is no camera connected to the computer, even though
>> the printer dock is plugged into the USB port.
>>

>It appears that you are using two different computers? If so, have you
>tried to take the dock to the other computer?
>
>From the software and driver side, we see the camera either through the dock
>or directly plugged as a USB connected device. There's no difference from
>the SW standpoint.

Is it a case of not having pressed the dock button - or is it
different with these models?

--
I may be dozzzy, but take the ZZZ's out to mail me
http://www.junkroom.freeserve.co.uk/jvc2080.htm - 2x2x24 CD-RW troubles

If you drop a cactus, don't try to catch it!