Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Coolpix 995 Seems Slow

Coolpix 995 Seems Slow

Lacquer

Hello,

My Nikon Coolpix 995 appears to have slowed down. Saving photos takes
longer and Downloading and copying also seems slower. Any idea why? Could
I have changed a setting to cause this? I was making some adjustments
earlier in the week.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tracy

David J Taylor

> My Nikon Coolpix 995 appears to have slowed down. Saving photos takes
> longer and Downloading and copying also seems slower. Any idea why?

Could
> I have changed a setting to cause this? I was making some adjustments
> earlier in the week.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Tracy

Is it OK on a freshly formatted memory card? Have you changed the amount
of JPEG compression (quality setting) or the image size?

David

Lacquer

Thanks David. A reformat did the trick. Really appreciate it!

Tracy
"David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)-this-bit> wrote in
message news:tE3Bb.93$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My Nikon Coolpix 995 appears to have slowed down. Saving photos takes
> > longer and Downloading and copying also seems slower. Any idea why?

> Could
> > I have changed a setting to cause this? I was making some adjustments
> > earlier in the week.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help.
> >
> > Tracy

> Is it OK on a freshly formatted memory card? Have you changed the amount
> of JPEG compression (quality setting) or the image size?
>
> David

David J Taylor

"Lacquer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks David. A reformat did the trick. Really appreciate it!
>
> Tracy

You're welcome!

It seems that the CF card needs the equivalent of a disk defragmentation
every so often, but in-camera reformating before use seems to be the best
policy.

Cheers,
David