Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Frozen Bubbles New Site

Frozen Bubbles New Site

amyotte

My existing webpage could not handle the traffic so thanks to a
suggestion by Charlie Dilks I have set up the pics at the link below.
http://www.pbase.com/amyotte/frozenbubbles

The first picture
Stress Crack Dec.07/03
Kodak DX6340 f5.6, ISO100, 1/1000sec

The second picture
Frozen Bubbles Dec.07/03
Kodak DX6340 f4, ISO100, 1/750sec

From the original post...

A poster recently displayed the current fall colours in Houston.

Our colours have all gone but the new ice can yield some beautiful displays.
We have not had too much snow but the temps have been low.

Playing with my new Kodak DX6340 and came up with these 2 shots, of many.

I'm 150km NE of Toronto.

Brian

Charlie Dilks

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"amyotte" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://www.pbase.com/amyotte/frozenbubbles

> The first picture
> Stress Crack Dec.07/03
> Kodak DX6340 f5.6, ISO100, 1/1000sec
>
> The second picture
> Frozen Bubbles Dec.07/03
> Kodak DX6340 f4, ISO100, 1/750sec

> Playing with my new Kodak DX6340 and came up with these 2 shots, of many.

The bubbles are interesting, but I think a closer shot would have been
more effective.
Just a thought, but maybe something like this crop of your photo.
http://frutsel.terrainhost.com/fruts...rlied/bubb.jpg

I hope pbase works well for you.
--
Charlie Dilks
Newark, DE USA

Frank ess

amyotte wrote:
> My existing webpage could not handle the traffic so thanks to a
> suggestion by Charlie Dilks I have set up the pics at the link below.
> http://www.pbase.com/amyotte/frozenbubbles
>

> The first picture
> Stress Crack Dec.07/03
> Kodak DX6340 f5.6, ISO100, 1/1000sec
>
> The second picture
> Frozen Bubbles Dec.07/03
> Kodak DX6340 f4, ISO100, 1/750sec

Cool.

Roe Thomas

Yea snivel Charlie. Wild life photo dosen't always get the studio shots.
Why do some clowns alway bitch when someone catches a neat shot??? Roe

Charlie Dilks wrote:

> > http://www.pbase.com/amyotte/frozenbubbles

> The bubbles are interesting, but I think a closer shot would have been
> more effective.
> Just a thought, but maybe something like this crop of your photo.
>
> --
> Charlie Dilks
> Newark, DE USA

amyotte

> The bubbles are interesting, but I think a closer shot would have been
> more effective.
> Just a thought, but maybe something like this crop of your photo.
> http://frutsel.terrainhost.com/fruts...rlied/bubb.jpg
>
> I hope pbase works well for you.

Thanks for your comments.

Actually I had a couple of close up shots of different bubbles but I
thought the reflection of the tree in the background gave it a water
look so I left the cropping to those that wanted to.

Haven't tried this as I am still experimenting but does software
cropping lose the history embedded in the picture?
I know just go out and try it but I am at work and the
question/thought just hit me and my train of thought can be derailed
so easily.

Brian

Charlie Dilks

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (amyotte) wrote:

> Haven't tried this as I am still experimenting but does software
> cropping lose the history embedded in the picture?
> I know just go out and try it but I am at work and the
> question/thought just hit me and my train of thought can be derailed
> so easily.

Sorry, I don't know.
--
Charlie Dilks
Newark, DE USA

Ed Ruf

On 9 Dec 2003 09:48:30 -0800, in rec.photo.digital
(E-Mail Removed) (amyotte) wrote:

>Actually I had a couple of close up shots of different bubbles but I
>thought the reflection of the tree in the background gave it a water
>look so I left the cropping to those that wanted to.
>
>Haven't tried this as I am still experimenting but does software
>cropping lose the history embedded in the picture?
>I know just go out and try it but I am at work and the
>question/thought just hit me and my train of thought can be derailed
>so easily.

If you mean the EXIF info, then it depends upon what program you use to
manipulate the image.
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam