Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 software that is supplied with the D300

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 software that is supplied with the D300

Don Coon

"Zol." <Zol.@The_End_of_The_World.com> wrote in message
news:05WAb.28339$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "gilbert grape" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:C_LAb.3049$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> > > Just a quick note about my experience with Irfanview (an excellent

> > program,
> > > IMHO)--- it does not actually convert the Canon raw files but rather
> > > extracts the JPG files for viewing.

> > Irfanview does have an option plug-in for viewing Canon RAW files (CRW),

in
> > addition to extracting the embedded JPEG. You need to copy a list of the
> > Canon dlls to the CRW plug-in
> > folder. I haven't been able to work yet but I really haven't tried too

hard
> > : )
> >

> It`s easy enough - goto the plugins section of the Irfanview site where

you can get the crw
> plugins with all the files needed to download! Zol.

Did that. Downloaded and installed the full set of plugins. It placed
crw.dll in a Crw subdirectory and I copied all the listed dlls per the
readme file.

If I select "Load using FORMATS-plugins...." I get a true RAW image where
I'd expect to get the image "as shot". For example, if I shot under
incandescent light with the WB set to incandescent, I'd expect a color
corrected image.

If I select "Load using Canon DLLs...." I get an error message: "Can't start
CRW DLLs(2)..."

I've installed all of the DLLs as listed into the CRW subdirectory.

Appreciate any help.

jas1746

Hi Steve,

Try either Breeze Browser or Capture One, which are stand alone
programs that convert the RAW files into tiff format. Both work with
the 300D quite well.

They both have a free trial period, with the Capture One being fully
functional for a limited period. The Breeze Browser program will put
a watermark on all the converted tiffs until it is registered.

They both work quite well and are a lot faster than the program that
was provided with the Canon 300D. If I had to pick one, I would give
Phase One's, Capture One a slight edge.

JAS

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 16:04:41 GMT, "Steve m..."
<Stevem5215@PLEASEno_spam_.com> wrote:

>I see people talking about using RAW mode to take their pictures. With the
>300D you get PE 2.0 and of course it is possible to do RAW pictures I'm
>assuming. I've seen some comments about a plug in for it. Can I get it
>from somewhere as well ? Is it an extra cost or ?
>Also, any quick instructions on usage of this would be helpful. If it's a
>long drawn out thing to do please say so as I'd like to know what I'm
>getting myself into here.
>
>Thanks,
>Steve m... (aspiring DSLR camera buff)

To reply by e-mail remove the ? from my address.

Try this I think you can use it.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...tegory=Digital
+Camera&Product=714&OS=Win

// Thomas