Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 software that is supplied with the D300

Reply
Thread Tools

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 software that is supplied with the D300

 
 
Steve m...
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2003
I see people talking about using RAW mode to take their pictures. With the
300D you get PE 2.0 and of course it is possible to do RAW pictures I'm
assuming. I've seen some comments about a plug in for it. Can I get it
from somewhere as well ? Is it an extra cost or ?
Also, any quick instructions on usage of this would be helpful. If it's a
long drawn out thing to do please say so as I'd like to know what I'm
getting myself into here.

Thanks,
Steve m... (aspiring DSLR camera buff)



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Trev
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2003

"Steve m..." <Stevem5215@PLEASEno_spam_.com> wrote in message
news:tcIAb.1191$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I see people talking about using RAW mode to take their pictures.

With the
> 300D you get PE 2.0 and of course it is possible to do RAW pictures

I'm
> assuming. I've seen some comments about a plug in for it. Can I get

it
> from somewhere as well ? Is it an extra cost or ?
> Also, any quick instructions on usage of this would be helpful. If

it's a
> long drawn out thing to do please say so as I'd like to know what I'm
> getting myself into here.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve m... (aspiring DSLR camera buff)
>

There was but adobe have now incorperated it in to CS It only cost
twice the price of elements.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Conrad Weiler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2003
<< There was but adobe have now incorperated it in to CS It only cost
twice the price of elements. >>

???

Adobe Photoshop CS lists for $649 (U.S.) and Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 lists
for $99.



Conrad Weiler
Camp Sherman, Oregon
 
Reply With Quote
 
Don Coon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2003

"Conrad Weiler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> << There was but adobe have now incorperated it in to CS It only cost
> twice the price of elements. >>
>
> ???
>
> Adobe Photoshop CS lists for $649 (U.S.) and Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0

lists
> for $99.
>
>

The Plug-In cost twice the price of Elements ($190 vs. $99) -- not PS-CS.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Zol.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2003
Use Irfanview to view quickly as this handles the canon crw files - the only thing I found
was that it required the files to have the .crw extension to read them (files on CF/Camera
are not labeled with extensions). It`s free too, so you don`t have to worry about spending
lots of money on upgrades ... Zol.

www.irfanview.com & don`t forget to obtain the plugins too from the same site (Z)


"Steve m..." <Stevem5215@PLEASEno_spam_.com> wrote in message
news:tcIAb.1191$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I see people talking about using RAW mode to take their pictures. With the
> 300D you get PE 2.0 and of course it is possible to do RAW pictures I'm
> assuming. I've seen some comments about a plug in for it. Can I get it
> from somewhere as well ? Is it an extra cost or ?
> Also, any quick instructions on usage of this would be helpful. If it's a
> long drawn out thing to do please say so as I'd like to know what I'm
> getting myself into here.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve m... (aspiring DSLR camera buff)
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
gilbert grape
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2003
Just a quick note about my experience with Irfanview (an excellent program,
IMHO)--- it does not actually convert the Canon raw files but rather
extracts the JPG files for viewing.


"Zol." <Zol.@The_End_of_The_World.com> wrote in message
news:NXIAb.20746$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Use Irfanview to view quickly as this handles the canon crw files - the

only thing I found
> was that it required the files to have the .crw extension to read them

(files on CF/Camera
> are not labeled with extensions). It`s free too, so you don`t have to

worry about spending
> lots of money on upgrades ... Zol.
>
> www.irfanview.com & don`t forget to obtain the plugins too from the same

site (Z)
>
>
> "Steve m..." <Stevem5215@PLEASEno_spam_.com> wrote in message
> news:tcIAb.1191$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I see people talking about using RAW mode to take their pictures. With

the
> > 300D you get PE 2.0 and of course it is possible to do RAW pictures I'm
> > assuming. I've seen some comments about a plug in for it. Can I get it
> > from somewhere as well ? Is it an extra cost or ?
> > Also, any quick instructions on usage of this would be helpful. If it's

a
> > long drawn out thing to do please say so as I'd like to know what I'm
> > getting myself into here.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve m... (aspiring DSLR camera buff)
> >
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
HRosita
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-08-2003
Hi,

I was under the impression that Canon supplied software to read the RAW files
and convert them to TIFF.

I know Minolta has a viewer for the raw images from Dimage 7hi (which I own).
Rosita


 
Reply With Quote
 
gilbert grape
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-08-2003
Canon does suuply a proprietary program to view/convert RAW images and
convert them to TIFF or JPG. However, that program is independent of PS
Elements 2. They do not (as this time) supply the Adobe plug-in to convert
their RAW files in PS Elements 2.


"HRosita" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I was under the impression that Canon supplied software to read the RAW

files
> and convert them to TIFF.
>
> I know Minolta has a viewer for the raw images from Dimage 7hi (which I

own).
> Rosita
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Don Coon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-08-2003

"gilbert grape" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C_LAb.3049$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Just a quick note about my experience with Irfanview (an excellent

program,
> IMHO)--- it does not actually convert the Canon raw files but rather
> extracts the JPG files for viewing.


Irfanview does have an option plug-in for viewing Canon RAW files (CRW), in
addition to extracting the embedded JPEG. You need to copy a list of the
Canon dlls to the CRW plug-in
folder. I haven't been able to work yet but I really haven't tried too hard
: )



 
Reply With Quote
 
Zol.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-08-2003
"Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
news:v0TAb.460578$Tr4.1279762@attbi_s03...
>
> "gilbert grape" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:C_LAb.3049$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> > Just a quick note about my experience with Irfanview (an excellent

> program,
> > IMHO)--- it does not actually convert the Canon raw files but rather
> > extracts the JPG files for viewing.

>
> Irfanview does have an option plug-in for viewing Canon RAW files (CRW), in
> addition to extracting the embedded JPEG. You need to copy a list of the
> Canon dlls to the CRW plug-in
> folder. I haven't been able to work yet but I really haven't tried too hard
> : )
>
>
>


It`s easy enough - goto the plugins section of the Irfanview site where you can get the crw
plugins with all the files needed to download! Zol.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problem in running a basic code in python 3.3.0 that includes HTML file Satabdi Mukherjee Python 1 04-04-2013 07:48 PM
adobe photoshop elements 3 for $19.95 from SOFTWARE DINER aaronep@pacbell.net Digital Photography 7 09-24-2005 07:38 PM
pysqlite2.dbapi2.ProgrammingError: Incorrect number of bindings supplied. The current statement uses 0, and there are -1 supplied. F. GEIGER Python 3 05-18-2005 03:46 PM
OT - FYI Adobe Photoshop Elements II to Elements III Upgrade BobS Digital Photography 0 09-29-2004 02:35 PM



Advertisments