Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Dual-monitor color profile assignment

Dual-monitor color profile assignment

Teffy

I have a Matrox Millenium P750 multi-monitor graphics card and a
ColorVision monitor Spyder with PhotoCal. I am using 2 CRT's in
independent mode.

I tried to assign profiles generated with the Spyder (one for each
monitor) by going to Windows (2000 Pro) Display Properties, Settings,
Advanced, Color Management to specify a profile filename. This works
fine for the secondary display.

But, when I try it for the primary, and hit the Assign button, I get
an error message from "Microsoft Color Management System" stating, "An
error occurred while associating <profile.icm>. This is not a valid
color profile." The same .icm file works properly elsewhere.

The only thing I can find in Matrox software is a calibration 'by
eyeball' similar to Adobe Gamma, which of course does not use the
colorometer.

Please advise!

PhotoMan

"Teffy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a Matrox Millenium P750 multi-monitor graphics card and a
> ColorVision monitor Spyder with PhotoCal. I am using 2 CRT's in
> independent mode.
>
> I tried to assign profiles generated with the Spyder (one for each
> monitor) by going to Windows (2000 Pro) Display Properties, Settings,
> Advanced, Color Management to specify a profile filename. This works
> fine for the secondary display.
>
> But, when I try it for the primary, and hit the Assign button, I get
> an error message from "Microsoft Color Management System" stating, "An
> error occurred while associating <profile.icm>. This is not a valid
> color profile." The same .icm file works properly elsewhere.
>
> The only thing I can find in Matrox software is a calibration 'by
> eyeball' similar to Adobe Gamma, which of course does not use the
> colorometer.
>
> Please advise!

Try this group:
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox