Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Coolpix 4500 VS 990?

Coolpix 4500 VS 990?

Melissa

If you had the choice of a refurbed 4500 or 990 for under $400, which would
you get?

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.

"Guns Defend Life & Liberty" license plate frame
http://www.cafeshops.com/melissa_photo

Would like to make friends in the west Denver area with similar interests &
values. -> Shaolin-based Martial arts, Writing, Rock music, Sci-Fi, Chess,
Libertarian, Objectivist, RKBA, guns & Shooting, polyamory.

Frank ess

&
> values. -> Shaolin-based Martial arts, Writing, Rock music, Sci-Fi, Chess,
> Libertarian, Objectivist, High-Maintenance, RKBA, guns & Shooting,

polyamory.

At that price I think I could find a third, better choice.

Melissa

"Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> doth postedeth:

> "Melissa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> If you had the choice of a refurbed 4500 or 990 for under $400, which

> would
>> you get?

> At that price I think I could find a third, better choice.

In Nikon?

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.

"Guns Defend Life & Liberty" license plate frame
http://www.cafeshops.com/melissa_photo

Would like to make friends in the west Denver area with similar interests &
values. -> Shaolin-based Martial arts, Writing, Rock music, Sci-Fi, Chess,
Libertarian, Objectivist, RKBA, guns & Shooting, polyamory.

Tom Pfeiffer

The G3, definitely.

Tom P.

"Melissa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> If you had the choice of a refurbed 4500 or 990 for under $400, which

would
> you get?
>
> --
> Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
>
> "Guns Defend Life & Liberty" license plate frame
> http://www.cafeshops.com/melissa_photo
>
> Would like to make friends in the west Denver area with similar interests

&
> values. -> Shaolin-based Martial arts, Writing, Rock music, Sci-Fi, Chess,
> Libertarian, Objectivist, RKBA, guns & Shooting, polyamory.

Pike

The 4500 has 12% more pixels than the 990 (4divided by 3.34=1.12) is it
really significant? I got a 990 at a lawn sale for 200 Cdn. and I love it,
sharp lens, great colour, technical ability, makes great 8x10's. I see them
refurbished on ebay for $200 US. so go for it and wait til you can afford a
6 meg camera to see a real difference.
"Melissa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> If you had the choice of a refurbed 4500 or 990 for under $400, which

would
> you get?
>
> --
> Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
>
> "Guns Defend Life & Liberty" license plate frame
> http://www.cafeshops.com/melissa_photo
>
> Would like to make friends in the west Denver area with similar interests

&
> values. -> Shaolin-based Martial arts, Writing, Rock music, Sci-Fi, Chess,
> Libertarian, Objectivist, RKBA, guns & Shooting, polyamory.

Q. Lu

why insist on Nikon?

> "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> doth postedeth:
>

> > "Melissa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> If you had the choice of a refurbed 4500 or 990 for under $400, which

> > would
> >> you get?

> > At that price I think I could find a third, better choice.

> In Nikon?
>
> --
> Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
>
> "Guns Defend Life & Liberty" license plate frame
> http://www.cafeshops.com/melissa_photo
>
> Would like to make friends in the west Denver area with similar interests

&
> values. -> Shaolin-based Martial arts, Writing, Rock music, Sci-Fi, Chess,
> Libertarian, Objectivist, RKBA, guns & Shooting, polyamory.

David J Taylor

"Melissa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> If you had the choice of a refurbed 4500 or 990 for under $400, which

would
> you get?

If I had existing AA-sized batteries and some CF cards, I would get the
990. But possibly not at that price.

David

Melissa wrote:
> If you had the choice of a refurbed 4500 or 990 for under $400, which would
> you get?

4500 has longer reach 155mm vs. 115 on the 990.
900 has a larger LCD screen 1,8 vs 1,5
900 uses AA
4500 Is more pocketable(fits a large pocket) vs the more bulky 990
Phil at dpreview, says that the image of the 4500 is better than the 990
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp4500/
So all in all the 4500.

Hope this helps

Melissa

"Q. Lu" <(E-Mail Removed)> doth postedeth:

> why insist on Nikon?

Looked at the sample photos and features of the 990 and it looks really
nice. I'm not sure if the 4500 is as good but it appears to be.

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.

"Guns Defend Life & Liberty" license plate frame
http://www.cafeshops.com/melissa_photo

Would like to make friends in the west Denver area with similar interests &
values. -> Shaolin-based Martial arts, Writing, Rock music, Sci-Fi, Chess,
Libertarian, Objectivist, RKBA, guns & Shooting, polyamory.

Melissa

"Tom Pfeiffer" <(E-Mail Removed)> doth postedeth:

> The G3, definitely.

Sorry, I meant in the Nikon series.