Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > optimal 3/4MP digi cam for low-light conditions?

optimal 3/4MP digi cam for low-light conditions?

luke

I'm currently looking to get a digital camera along the lines of a Pentax
Optio S or a Fuji Finepix F410 for personal use in a social setting (day and
night) and also
for pictures at gigs that I attend with low-light conditions.

From reading on-line reviews, I prefer the F410 over the Optio, but I
have also read that the Finepix suffers in low-light conditions [ see
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F410/F41PICS.HTM ]

Can anyone lend information of different experiences with these models or
suggests others which would be more suitable in the small 3/4~MP range?

Thanks Kindly
Luke

Stewy

Cameras with a bigger lens - around 3 or 4 cm in diameter are far better at
low light conditions as they offer a greater f stop.

"luke" <porchmonkey[at]iinet.net.au> wrote in message
news:3fcdf2e7$0$1740$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> I'm currently looking to get a digital camera along the lines of a Pentax
> Optio S or a Fuji Finepix F410 for personal use in a social setting (day

and
> night) and also
> for pictures at gigs that I attend with low-light conditions.
>
> From reading on-line reviews, I prefer the F410 over the Optio, but I
> have also read that the Finepix suffers in low-light conditions [ see
> http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F410/F41PICS.HTM ]
>
> Can anyone lend information of different experiences with these models or
> suggests others which would be more suitable in the small 3/4~MP range?
>
> Thanks Kindly
> Luke

SD

luke wrote:

> I'm currently looking to get a digital camera along the lines of a Pentax
> Optio S or a Fuji Finepix F410 for personal use in a social setting (day and
> night) and also
> for pictures at gigs that I attend with low-light conditions.
>
> From reading on-line reviews, I prefer the F410 over the Optio, but I
> have also read that the Finepix suffers in low-light conditions [ see
> http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F410/F41PICS.HTM ]
>
> Can anyone lend information of different experiences with these models or
> suggests others which would be more suitable in the small 3/4~MP range?
>
> Thanks Kindly
> Luke

im quite happy with my Minolta Dimage f100s low light pics and focus
abilities (I'd say much better than the PDR M700 I have)..

In low light situations, I just put the camera on some tabletop and
click with the remote whenever I feel like

luke

thanks for the advice!

"SD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bql45d$fde$(E-Mail Removed)...
> luke wrote:
>
> > I'm currently looking to get a digital camera along the lines of a

Pentax
> > Optio S or a Fuji Finepix F410 for personal use in a social setting (day

and
> > night) and also
> > for pictures at gigs that I attend with low-light conditions.
> >
> > From reading on-line reviews, I prefer the F410 over the Optio, but I
> > have also read that the Finepix suffers in low-light conditions [ see
> > http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F410/F41PICS.HTM ]
> >
> > Can anyone lend information of different experiences with these models

or
> > suggests others which would be more suitable in the small 3/4~MP range?
> >
> > Thanks Kindly
> > Luke
> >

> im quite happy with my Minolta Dimage f100s low light pics and focus
> abilities (I'd say much better than the PDR M700 I have)..
>
> In low light situations, I just put the camera on some tabletop and
> click with the remote whenever I feel like

Chris Gunn

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 00:28:20 +1000, "luke"

>Optio S or a Fuji Finepix F410 for personal use in a social setting (day and
>night) and also
>for pictures at gigs that I attend with low-light conditions.
>
>From reading on-line reviews, I prefer the F410 over the Optio, but I
>have also read that the Finepix suffers in low-light conditions [ see
>http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F410/F41PICS.HTM ]
>
>Can anyone lend information of different experiences with these models or
>suggests others which would be more suitable in the small 3/4~MP range?

Fuji F700. It has a 1/1.7" CCD. AF assist lamp. Iso 800 full res.

Gunn