Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Simple syntax question(MULTIPOST)

Simple syntax question(MULTIPOST)

Trimbitas Sorin

Hello
I have a simple syntax question :
What does the following line mean:
1: %checkType; ?? I know that @test="" is an array and $test="" is a
simple variable.
Thank you
With best regards
Trimbitas Sorin

Aaron Sherman

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Trimbitas Sorin) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hello
> I have a simple syntax question :
> What does the following line mean:
> 1: %checkType; ?? I know that @test="" is an array and $test="" is a
> simple variable.

I have no idea what program produced that output, but to the best of
my knowledge, it wasn't Perl. I grepped through the source for a
version I have lying around (5.6.1, as it turns out) and the string "I
know that" appears only once in a very unrealted string inside of some
documentation.

You may need to refine your question a bit...

Joe Smith

Trimbitas Sorin wrote:

> I have a simple syntax question :
> What does the following line mean:
> %checkType; #??
> I know that @test="" is an array and $test="" is a simple variable.

Your question, as posted, made no sense at all.

I have re-arranged the quote above to match what I think you were
trying to say. The answer can be found in any intro to Perl. Go to
http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.0/pod...yntax-overview
and look at the section on Hashes.
-Joe