Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > formmail

formmail

lokisapocalypse

I am working on script that sends information from a form to an email
account. It worked fine on my campus account but when posting it to
the internet and adding the new site to the recipients folder, it does
not send me the email anymore. A friend suggested that I add || die
"Cannot send mail. $!"; after the open(MAIL, "|$mailprog") command to
get open(MAIL, "|$mailprog")|| die "Cannot send mail. $!"; which will
kill the script if it cannot open the mail command. After doing this,
I now get an error message saying script produced no output. Any ideas
as to how this can be resolved?

Laurey

I know when I changed hosts I had to escape the @ in my email address
or my scripts failed... that could be one issue.

Have you tried commenting out the mailig portion and adding a
break-code to see if the form is actually getting the information to
the script?

On 2 Feb 2004 14:22:27 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (lokisapocalypse) wrote:
>I am working on script that sends information from a form to an email
>account. It worked fine on my campus account but when posting it to
>the internet and adding the new site to the recipients folder, it does
>not send me the email anymore. A friend suggested that I add || die
>"Cannot send mail. $!"; after the open(MAIL, "|$mailprog") command to
>get open(MAIL, "|$mailprog")|| die "Cannot send mail. $!"; which will
>kill the script if it cannot open the mail command. After doing this,
>I now get an error message saying script produced no output. Any ideas
>as to how this can be resolved?

Oliver Frick

"lokisapocalypse" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I am working on script that sends information from a form to an email
> account. It worked fine on my campus account but when posting it to
> the internet and adding the new site to the recipients folder, it does
> not send me the email anymore. A friend suggested that I add || die
> "Cannot send mail. $!"; after the open(MAIL, "|$mailprog") command to
> get open(MAIL, "|$mailprog")|| die "Cannot send mail. $!"; which will
> kill the script if it cannot open the mail command. After doing this,
> I now get an error message saying script produced no output. Any ideas
> as to how this can be resolved?

does your script send "Content-type:text/plain\n\n" or
"Content-type:text/html\n\n" first?

FormMail Problem Olen R. Pearson Perl 0 05-23-2005 07:34 PM
Formmail.pl - Sendmail vs. Smtp Hmmm... Perl 4 09-06-2004 05:12 PM
FormMail.pl error Craig Perl 0 05-07-2004 01:41 AM
Help with split/Formmail.pl Kurt Perl 1 04-01-2004 08:31 PM
Re: crazy FormMail reults ....what the..??? Jacqui or (maybe) Pete HTML 0 06-27-2003 12:03 PM

Advertisments