Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl and strings

Perl and strings

Novarro Williams

I have a file which contains a long string of data, I need to read
the string in chunks of 512 bytes any suggestions?

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Novarro Williams wrote:
> I have a file which contains a long string of data, I need to read
> the string in chunks of 512 bytes any suggestions?

perldoc -f read

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

nobull@mail.com

Gunnar Hjalmarsson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<obyTb.47545$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Novarro Williams wrote:
> > I have a file which contains a long string of data, I need to read
> > the string in chunks of 512 bytes any suggestions?

> perldoc -f read

See also $/ in perldoc perlvar

here. Please do not join in with existing threads without pointing
out that this newsgroup does not exist.