Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Print multiple photos on single sheet?

Reply
Thread Tools

Print multiple photos on single sheet?

 
 
JMooreTS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2003
Help please.

I am a relatively new Photoshop (7) user. I'd like to print several full-size
images . . . misc. combinations of 3X5, 4X6,, 4X7, etc. on a single sheet of
8X11 photo paper.

What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd party
software? (Contact Sheet in PS works fine but changes the sizes of the images
to fit the page . . . convenient for proofs, but not what I want in this case).

Thanks for your help,

John Moore
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bob Hatch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2003
"JMooreTS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help please.
>
> I am a relatively new Photoshop (7) user. I'd like to print several

full-size
> images . . . misc. combinations of 3X5, 4X6,, 4X7, etc. on a single sheet

of
> 8X11 photo paper.
>
> What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd

party
> software? (Contact Sheet in PS works fine but changes the sizes of the

images
> to fit the page . . . convenient for proofs, but not what I want in this

case).
>

Use Picture Package in PS 7, or do your own layout on a template sheet using
PS7, or use Qimage (my preference by far), or use ACDSee Photo Slate.

Qimage web site: http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/
--
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power
is inherent in the people; ...that it is their right and duty to be
at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson
http://www.bobhatch.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PhotoMan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2003

"JMooreTS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help please.
>
> I am a relatively new Photoshop (7) user. I'd like to print several

full-size
> images . . . misc. combinations of 3X5, 4X6,, 4X7, etc. on a single sheet

of
> 8X11 photo paper.
>
> What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd

party
> software? (Contact Sheet in PS works fine but changes the sizes of the

images
> to fit the page . . . convenient for proofs, but not what I want in this

case).
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> John Moore


'ArcSoft PhotoPrinter' works real well for me. I got it when it was
freeware, but I see now that it's for sale at $39.99. It's quite versatile.
http://www.arcsoft.com/en/products/photoprinter/
Joe Arnold


 
Reply With Quote
 
gordon lindsay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2003

In PS you can create a new sheet at A4 size then drag your images onto the
sheet resize them with TRANSFORM and then just print the single sheet.
gordonell


"JMooreTS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help please.
>
> I am a relatively new Photoshop (7) user. I'd like to print several

full-size
> images . . . misc. combinations of 3X5, 4X6,, 4X7, etc. on a single sheet

of
> 8X11 photo paper.
>
> What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd

party
> software? (Contact Sheet in PS works fine but changes the sizes of the

images
> to fit the page . . . convenient for proofs, but not what I want in this

case).
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> John Moore



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ben Thomas
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2003
gordon lindsay wrote:
> In PS you can create a new sheet at A4 size then drag your images onto the
> sheet resize them with TRANSFORM and then just print the single sheet.
> gordonell
>
>
> "JMooreTS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Help please.
>>
>>I am a relatively new Photoshop (7) user. I'd like to print several

>
> full-size
>
>>images . . . misc. combinations of 3X5, 4X6,, 4X7, etc. on a single sheet

>
> of
>
>>8X11 photo paper.
>>
>>What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd

>
> party
>
>>software? (Contact Sheet in PS works fine but changes the sizes of the

>
> images
>
>>to fit the page . . . convenient for proofs, but not what I want in this

>
> case).



I considered doing that, but I have so many photos to print (never got around to
it before) that it would be good if there was a program that just let you choose
the images one by one a specify a size and have it fit them onto the paper in
the most efficient manner.


--
--
Ben Thomas - Software Engineer - UNICO Computer Systems
Melbourne, Australia

Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message that do not
relate to the official business of my employer, UNICO Computer Systems,
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob Hatch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2003
"Ben Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7rldqb.q7t.ln@192.168.11.2...
>
> I considered doing that, but I have so many photos to print (never got

around to
> it before) that it would be good if there was a program that just let you

choose
> the images one by one a specify a size and have it fit them onto the paper

in
> the most efficient manner.
>

There is. It's called Qimage.
--
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power
is inherent in the people; ...that it is their right and duty to be
at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson
http://www.bobhatch.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Luk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2003

> I am a relatively new Photoshop (7) user. I'd like to print several full-size
> images . . . misc. combinations of 3X5, 4X6,, 4X7, etc. on a single sheet of
> 8X11 photo paper.
>
> What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd party
> software? (Contact Sheet in PS works fine but changes the sizes of the images
> to fit the page . . . convenient for proofs, but not what I want in this case).


When you buy a Canon i960 printer they bundle software called
Easy Photo-Print with it. It allows you to print various
photo sizes on 8 1/2 X ll paper. Apparently the same
software can also be downloaded.

http://www.canon-asia.com/downloads/photoprintplus.html

The software is easy to use. You might want to download
it and see what you think.

Luk
 
Reply With Quote
 
JMooreTS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2003

>What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd party

software?

Thanks to all for many good suggestions.

John (back to lurk mode)

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ben Thomas
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2003
Bob Hatch wrote:
> "Ben Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:7rldqb.q7t.ln@192.168.11.2...
>
>>I considered doing that, but I have so many photos to print (never got

>
> around to
>
>>it before) that it would be good if there was a program that just let you

>
> choose
>
>>the images one by one a specify a size and have it fit them onto the paper

>
> in
>
>>the most efficient manner.
>>

>
> There is. It's called Qimage.


Got it now. Excellent program!

--
--
Ben Thomas - Software Engineer - UNICO Computer Systems
Melbourne, Australia

Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message that do not
relate to the official business of my employer, UNICO Computer Systems,
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

 
Reply With Quote
 
PhotoMan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2003

"Luk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I am a relatively new Photoshop (7) user. I'd like to print several

full-size
> > images . . . misc. combinations of 3X5, 4X6,, 4X7, etc. on a single

sheet of
> > 8X11 photo paper.
> >
> > What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd

party
> > software? (Contact Sheet in PS works fine but changes the sizes of the

images
> > to fit the page . . . convenient for proofs, but not what I want in this

case).
>
> When you buy a Canon i960 printer they bundle software called
> Easy Photo-Print with it. It allows you to print various
> photo sizes on 8 1/2 X ll paper. Apparently the same
> software can also be downloaded.
>
> http://www.canon-asia.com/downloads/photoprintplus.html
>
> The software is easy to use. You might want to download
> it and see what you think.


I thought I'd d'load it for comparison to ArcSoft, but the Canon utility
only works with compatible printers.
Joe


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
resolve single line with multiple items into mutliple lines, single items ela Perl Misc 12 04-06-2009 06:47 PM
Single string print statements on multiple lines. HeEm Python 7 03-14-2007 06:35 AM
Print digital photos online - 9 cents per print, plus 10% off. All sizes from 4x6 up to 30x60. Same price for Matte finish and glossy finish nathan_usny Digital Photography 2 09-12-2005 11:30 PM
Print digital photos online - 9 cents per print, plus 10% off. All sizes from 4x6 up to 30x60. Same price for Matte finish and glossy finish nathan_usny Digital Photography 0 09-12-2005 06:09 PM
Unlarging the print to print using PDF file to print Bun Mui Computer Support 3 09-13-2004 03:15 AM



Advertisments