Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > questions on G5 camera case

questions on G5 camera case

G. Filicetti

Hey guys, I'm debating with myself on whether I should buy the Canon PSC3000
semi hard leather case that they make for the G5.

My question is whether this case will still fit the camera if I've got the lens
adapter (LA-DC58B) on? I'd hate to buy it and then not have it fit.

What I want to do for my G5 is have a "case in a case" if you know what I mean.
A small, tight fitting case for the camera itself, and then a larger bag that
holds the camera in its tight fitting case plus the rest of my accessories (no
lens, just wires, charger, CF cards, maybe filters, etc)...

If anyone wants to share how they've dealt with casing up their G5 (with or
without resorting to the canon cases), please do!

Robert A. Barr

> If anyone wants to share how they've dealt with casing up their G5 (with or
> without resorting to the canon cases), please do!

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...php?BoardID=33

Basiltoo

"G. Filicetti" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hey guys, I'm debating with myself on whether I should buy the Canon
> PSC3000 semi hard leather case that they make for the G5.
>
> My question is whether this case will still fit the camera if I've got
> the lens adapter (LA-DC58B) on? I'd hate to buy it and then not have
> it fit.

The PCS3000 is a nice case but the front flap will not close with a lens
adaptor mounted although you can leave the rear portion attached to the
camera. This, of course, provides little protection but it does improve
the grip IMHO. If you are fitting an adaptor best to forget the Canon
leather case and look elsewhere.

--
Regards,
Baz

http://www.trevellan.co.uk

Zol.

Hi, I bought myself an `Antler` Leather Camera Case form Dizons for my G5 with adapter &
teleconvertor lens + extras - it`s a small but very deceptive bag with lots of room with 1
main compartment which has a removable/adjustable partition, 2 side pockets & a front pocket
large enough for a mini-tripod/clamp which I use. Comes with a padded shoulder strap & also
a hand carrying handle - a bit expenisve from Dixons but it was just right for me. I
couldn`t find it on the www.Antler.co.uk website for some reason but I would highly
recommend this bag if you can find it for it`s very stylish look/finish ... Zol.

I can send photos of it in email if required (Z)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...