Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > polarizing filter for Kodak DX6490?

polarizing filter for Kodak DX6490?

Ben Thomas

Hi all,

Is it possible to fit a polarising filter to a Kodak DX6490?

The lens isn't threaded, so I was wondering if I can get some sort of adapter to
suit my camera. Anyone know?
--
Ben Thomas
Kodak DX6490 - 4 megapixel, 10x optical zoom.

Rudy Garcia

In article <spl6qb.n8r.ln@192.168.11.2>,
Ben Thomas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to fit a polarising filter to a Kodak DX6490?
>
> The lens isn't threaded, so I was wondering if I can get some sort of adapter
> suit my camera. Anyone know?
> --
> Ben Thomas
> Kodak DX6490 - 4 megapixel, 10x optical zoom.

There was a recent post from a Kodak employee, advising that Kodak will
be coming out with a filter adapter sometime next year.

--
Rudy Garcia

Ben Thomas

Rudy Garcia wrote:

> There was a recent post from a Kodak employee, advising that Kodak will
> be coming out with a filter adapter sometime next year.

Thanks for the info.

Ben Thomas - Software Engineer - UNICO Computer Systems
Melbourne, Australia

relate to the official business of my employer, UNICO Computer Systems,
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Ron Baird

Hi Rudy,

Yes, that was me. What they are offering is an adapter so you can use
accessory features. Soon as more information is available on it, I will
share directly. Talk toyou soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"Rudy Garcia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <spl6qb.n8r.ln@192.168.11.2>,
> Ben Thomas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is it possible to fit a polarising filter to a Kodak DX6490?
> >
> > The lens isn't threaded, so I was wondering if I can get some sort of

adapter
> > suit my camera. Anyone know?
> > --
> > Ben Thomas
> > Kodak DX6490 - 4 megapixel, 10x optical zoom.
> >

> There was a recent post from a Kodak employee, advising that Kodak will
> be coming out with a filter adapter sometime next year.
>
> --
> Rudy Garcia

Ron Baird

Hi Ben,

An adapter is coming in the near future. Watch the Kodak website for
details on release etc. If you have questions, let me know and I will help.
I do not have particulars just yet but when I do I will share with you.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

Ron Baird wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> An adapter is coming in the near future. Watch the Kodak website for
> details on release etc. If you have questions, let me know and I will help.
> I do not have particulars just yet but when I do I will share with you.
>
> Ron Baird
> Eastman Kodak Company

Thanks Ron.

I don't know whether you can influence design decisions regarding future Kodak
digital cameras, but as a DX6490 owner theres a couple of features I would like
to see instead of others that my camera has.

In order of importance to me:
threaded lens (to attach a wide-angle lens or filters);
manual focus;
"hot shoe" for external flash;
optical view-finder (not DSLR style).

Features that seem pointless to me: