Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > PLease help me for buy a new digital camera

PLease help me for buy a new digital camera

lu_cad

Please help me

What is a most beautifull ,easy-to-use and quality Digital camera?

Canon IXUS 400
Nikon coolpix 4300
HP photosmart 935
or
Sony DSC P10

How use it ? plese write me your esperiance

Many thanks

P.S. Sorry for my " bad english "

Harry Da Hat

On 27-Nov-2003, "lu_cad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What is a most beautifull ,easy-to-use and quality Digital camera?
>
> Canon IXUS 400
> Nikon coolpix 4300
> HP photosmart 935
> or
> Sony DSC P10
>
> How use it ? plese write me your esperiance

None of them.

--

Fuji Cameras Make The Best Pets!!!!!!!!!!

mailto: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

useenomeyes

Do Not Buy Sony DSC P10, I bought one and was so dissapointed with the
picture quality. My old Fujufilm Finepix 2800 which is only 2.1MP does
better job for point and shot pictures, produces crispier clearer and
sharper pictures than 5MP
Sony.
Sony produces out of focus, blurry images when using timer.
If you blow up the images, the jagerred edges far worse than my old
Finepix can produce.
To point and shot pictures take longer time, the object may have gone
before you can shot it. Movie clip is not that presentable at all on
TV.

Sony has only the name for digital camera. Buy Sony video camera
instead it's better.

USNMY

"Harry Da Hat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<2Cwxb.68741$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com>...
> On 27-Nov-2003, "lu_cad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > What is a most beautifull ,easy-to-use and quality Digital camera?
> >
> > Canon IXUS 400
> > Nikon coolpix 4300
> > HP photosmart 935
> > or
> > Sony DSC P10
> >
> > How use it ? plese write me your esperiance

> None of them.

Q. Lu

Sounds like there is something wrong with your operation. For example, if
you use the timer, you are probably setting the camera on a tripod. If you
still get a blurry image, either you did not focus right, or your tripod is
unstable.
The AF on many cameras take some get-use-to. You have to learn how to get
perfectly focused shots. The AF speed on Sony cameras is genreally faster
than average, according to reports from pro labs.
lower the sharpening value on the Sony to get smoother images.

"useenomeyes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Do Not Buy Sony DSC P10, I bought one and was so dissapointed with the
> picture quality. My old Fujufilm Finepix 2800 which is only 2.1MP does
> better job for point and shot pictures, produces crispier clearer and
> sharper pictures than 5MP
> Sony.
> Sony produces out of focus, blurry images when using timer.
> If you blow up the images, the jagerred edges far worse than my old
> Finepix can produce.
> To point and shot pictures take longer time, the object may have gone
> before you can shot it. Movie clip is not that presentable at all on
> TV.
>
> Sony has only the name for digital camera. Buy Sony video camera
> instead it's better.
>

> USNMY
>

> "Harry Da Hat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<2Cwxb.68741$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com>...
> > On 27-Nov-2003, "lu_cad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > What is a most beautifull ,easy-to-use and quality Digital camera?
> > >
> > > Canon IXUS 400
> > > Nikon coolpix 4300
> > > HP photosmart 935
> > > or
> > > Sony DSC P10
> > >
> > > How use it ? plese write me your esperiance

> > None of them.

kurambu

Don't use Sony, 2MP Finepix is much better. The 5mp picture quality is
just too bad.
Auto-focus is bad & takes long time to shot. I own one and want to
sell it off a.s.a.p.
I don't know about Canon or Nikon check reviews

ULU

"lu_cad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<YFtxb.112671$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Please help me
>
> What is a most beautifull ,easy-to-use and quality Digital camera?
>
> Canon IXUS 400
> Nikon coolpix 4300
> HP photosmart 935
> or
> Sony DSC P10
>
> How use it ? plese write me your esperiance
>
> Many thanks
>
> P.S. Sorry for my " bad english "

MJD1969

>Do Not Buy Sony DSC P10, I bought one and was so dissapointed with the
>picture quality. My old Fujufilm Finepix 2800 which is only 2.1MP does
>better job for point and shot pictures, produces crispier clearer and
>sharper pictures than 5MP
>Sony.
>Sony produces out of focus, blurry images when using timer.
>If you blow up the images, the jagerred edges far worse than my old
>Finepix can produce.
>To point and shot pictures take longer time, the object may have gone
>before you can shot it. Movie clip is not that presentable at all on
>TV.
>
>Sony has only the name for digital camera. Buy Sony video camera
>instead it's better.
>

>USNMY
>

>"Harry Da Hat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:<2Cwxb.68741$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com>...
>> On 27-Nov-2003, "lu_cad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > What is a most beautifull ,easy-to-use and quality Digital camera?
>> >
>> > Canon IXUS 400
>> > Nikon coolpix 4300
>> > HP photosmart 935
>> > or
>> > Sony DSC P10
>> >
>> > How use it ? plese write me your esperiance

>> None of them.

It may be just the particular camera you got. I have had a Sony P5 (3.2meg) for
a couple of years now and it's been a great camera. Sharp pictures, easy to
use. True it has a lag when taking the picture, but I haven't come across a P&S
digital that didn't. My neighbor just bought a P10 based on my Sony
recommendation and he loves it. I'm tempted to pick one up myself.

useenomeyes

Hellooo, if you are using self timer you should use tripod or put the
camera on a stable base. Everybody knows this requirement. I used
tripod that is more than stable. What are u trying to say sir.

I use many cameras (Konica, Ricoh, Finepix) either with manual or
auto-focus, I am not a green horn to focus and shot pictures. That's
why I was so shock when I found this Sony crap camera is not working
as expected. Please try this camera first before you make any
jugdement on my experience.

What AF speed, this is crap. Try first then you understand what I
meant. I have no problem to shot my baby walking in action with my
finepix 2mp and produced crispy sharp and focused images. With sony,
if lucky enough, I can shot my baby leg or half body blurry images.
The AF speed takes at least 5 to 10 seconds to focus correctly, and
shot when my baby prime action has gone. It's really painful to see
the result afterwards, I just can't bang the camera it's expensive and
waste of money. I may sell this with 30% discount to any greenhorn,
well that's life.

USNMY

"Q. Lu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Sounds like there is something wrong with your operation. For example, if
> you use the timer, you are probably setting the camera on a tripod. If you
> still get a blurry image, either you did not focus right, or your tripod is
> unstable.
> The AF on many cameras take some get-use-to. You have to learn how to get
> perfectly focused shots. The AF speed on Sony cameras is genreally faster
> than average, according to reports from pro labs.
> lower the sharpening value on the Sony to get smoother images.
>
> "useenomeyes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Do Not Buy Sony DSC P10, I bought one and was so dissapointed with the
> > picture quality. My old Fujufilm Finepix 2800 which is only 2.1MP does
> > better job for point and shot pictures, produces crispier clearer and
> > sharper pictures than 5MP
> > Sony.
> > Sony produces out of focus, blurry images when using timer.
> > If you blow up the images, the jagerred edges far worse than my old
> > Finepix can produce.
> > To point and shot pictures take longer time, the object may have gone
> > before you can shot it. Movie clip is not that presentable at all on
> > TV.
> >
> > Sony has only the name for digital camera. Buy Sony video camera
> > instead it's better.
> >

> > USNMY
> >

> > "Harry Da Hat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<2Cwxb.68741$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com>...

> > > None of them.

zbzbzb

>Hellooo, if you are using self timer you should use tripod or put the
>camera on a stable base. Everybody knows this requirement. I used
>tripod that is more than stable. What are u trying to say sir.
>
>I use many cameras (Konica, Ricoh, Finepix) either with manual or
>auto-focus, I am not a green horn to focus and shot pictures. That's
>why I was so shock when I found this Sony crap camera is not working
>as expected. Please try this camera first before you make any
>jugdement on my experience.
>
>What AF speed, this is crap. Try first then you understand what I
>meant. I have no problem to shot my baby walking in action with my
>finepix 2mp and produced crispy sharp and focused images. With sony,
>if lucky enough, I can shot my baby leg or half body blurry images.
>The AF speed takes at least 5 to 10 seconds to focus correctly, and
>shot when my baby prime action has gone. It's really painful to see
>the result afterwards, I just can't bang the camera it's expensive and
>waste of money. I may sell this with 30% discount to any greenhorn,
>well that's life.
>

>USNMY

You have made your conclusions based on one sample?? I also wonder if your
knowledge of the camera is not a factor in the problems you are experiencing.
You have a warranty why not take advantage of it?

Todd Walker

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> The AF speed takes at least 5 to 10 seconds to focus correctly,

That is a complete and utter fabrication. There is NO WAY any camera can
take that long to focus.

From the Imaging Resource review of the P10:

"With its small size and well-rounded feature set, the Sony DSC-P10 is
an excellent ultracompact point-and-shoot digicam. Packed in a very
small package is a 5.0-megapixel CCD, a sharp 3x optical zoom lens,
seven preset Scene modes, and a host of other creative options. I'd be
happier with it if its default tone curve was a good bit less contrasty,
and likewise feel that it gets a little carried away with itself with
bright greens. Apart from these quibles though, the P10 is a very nice
compact digicam in the 5 megapixel class. Like the rest of Sony's
ultracompact Cyber-Shots, it makes a nearly ideal "take anywhere" camera
for people not willing to sacrifice image quality for camera size.:

From Steve's Digicams review:

"The DSC-P10's performance is fairly impressive. Shutter lag, the time
delay between depressing the shutter and the photo being captured, was
measured at .2 to .3 seconds when pre-focused."

There are two possibilities here:

1. Your camera was defective
2. You are lying

--
__________________________________
Todd Walker
http://www.toddwalker.net/canon10d
__________________________________

stacey

Todd Walker wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> The AF speed takes at least 5 to 10 seconds to focus correctly,
>>

> That is a complete and utter fabrication. There is NO WAY any camera can
> take that long to focus.

> From Steve's Digicams review:
>
> "The DSC-P10's performance is fairly impressive. Shutter lag, the time
> delay between depressing the shutter and the photo being captured, was
> measured at .2 to .3 seconds when pre-focused."

Did you miss the word "pre-focused"? I've never owned an autofocus camera
before the nikon 2100 I bought for ebay use and can't believe anyone thinks
this kind of autofocus is a good thing!

--

Stacey