Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > thumbnail generator

thumbnail generator

DiscoDuck

Hi,
I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.

Suggestions please?

marco van den broek

DiscoDuck <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef op 26 Nov 2003 23:48:58 -0800:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
> photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
>
> Suggestions please?

Irfanview makes thumbnails and does a lot more. You can find it at
www.irfanview.com

Arles Image Webpage Creator
http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/ex...home/index.htm

Helps you with creating webpage, thumbnails etc.

Marco

Trev

"DiscoDuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
> I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
> photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
>
> Suggestions please?

If you have XP get the Microsoft powertoys html slideshow wizard Even if
you don't use the full html pages you still get all the resizes images
and thumbs all for free

Paige Miller

On Stardate 11/27/2003 2:48 AM, the following keys were mysteriously
typed at DiscoDuck's keyboard...
> Hi,
> I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
> photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
>
> Suggestions please?

I agree with the recommendation to use Irfan. It's free, it creates
thumbnails and html for you to use.

--
Paige Miller
http://home.rochester.rr.com/djpaige/blogger.html

It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack

Steve

DiscoDuck wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
> photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
>
> Suggestions please?

DiscoDuck:

I would recommmed the freeware Easy Thumbnails
http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/index.php for making you thumbnails which I
have been using for about a year. While I have been using the freeware
IrfanView http://www.irfanview.com/ for about 3 years at both home and at
work, I wound NOT recommend it for making thumbnails as it produces an
inferior thumbnail when compared to Easy Thumbnails. I would highly
recommend IrfanView as your general viewer for reviewing your images as I
have found it much better than the similar products provided by both Canon
and Nikon. Download both Easy Thumbnails and IrfanView and find out for
yourself!

Good luck,

Steve

Crownfield

DiscoDuck wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
> photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
>
> Suggestions please?

image display system is a free perl script that runs on the server.
the server administrator has to install the system.
all you do is create folders on the server, and put the images into the
folders.

ids does all the rest.

it manages the thumbnails,
gives a choice of viewing resolutions,
allows adding comments.

DiscoDuck

"Trev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "DiscoDuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hi,
> > I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
> > photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
> >
> > Suggestions please?

> If you have XP get the Microsoft powertoys html slideshow wizard Even if
> you don't use the full html pages you still get all the resizes images
> and thumbs all for free

First off, YOU ALL ROCK!! Thanks for your suggestions.
Second, di I have to purchase Microsoft powertoys html or is it free?

CSM1

"DiscoDuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Trev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > "DiscoDuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > Hi,
> > > I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
> > > photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
> > >
> > > Suggestions please?

> > If you have XP get the Microsoft powertoys html slideshow wizard Even if
> > you don't use the full html pages you still get all the resizes images
> > and thumbs all for free

> First off, YOU ALL ROCK!! Thanks for your suggestions.
> Second, di I have to purchase Microsoft powertoys html or is it free?

It is free from Microsoft.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p.../powertoys.asp

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

DiscoDuck

I've tried all of the suggestions, and so far (IMO)

Arles Image Webpage Creator
http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/ex...home/index.htm

Is the winner. Very well done. But more suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again, to you all.
DD

marco van den broek <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> DiscoDuck <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef op 26 Nov 2003 23:48:58 -0800:
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
> > photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
> >
> > Suggestions please?

> Irfanview makes thumbnails and does a lot more. You can find it at
> www.irfanview.com
>
> Arles Image Webpage Creator
> http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/ex...home/index.htm
>
> Helps you with creating webpage, thumbnails etc.
>
> Marco

Paolo Pizzi

DiscoDuck wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
> photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
>
> Suggestions please?

Ember.

(http://www.firehand.com)