Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Minolta 7i Blurred images

Minolta 7i Blurred images

Stu

Hi all.
As the subject line really. I have the camera set to program mode & it will
produce some blurred images in daylight, when the flash is not used. Should
I set the camera to shutter priority mode & 1/90' ? It is used mostly for
outdoor, daylight shots.
Any ideas?
Regards.
Stu.

Marli

Try upping the shutter speed when light is available.

"Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:TLuwb.9918$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all.
> As the subject line really. I have the camera set to program mode & it

will
> produce some blurred images in daylight, when the flash is not used.

Should
> I set the camera to shutter priority mode & 1/90' ? It is used mostly for
> outdoor, daylight shots.
> Any ideas?
> Regards.
> Stu.

Browntimdc

"Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
news:TLuwb.9918$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi all.
> As the subject line really. I have the camera set to program mode & it
> will produce some blurred images in daylight, when the flash is not
> used. Should I set the camera to shutter priority mode & 1/90' ? It is
> used mostly for outdoor, daylight shots.
> Any ideas?
> Regards.
> Stu.

Is the shutter speed indeed too slow or is it misfocusing?

Tim

--

"The strongest human instinct is to impart information,
and the second strongest is to resist it."

Kenneth Graham

Mikey

Blurred can mean a lot of things. Is it focusing on the wrong part of the
image? ( try spot focus), or not focusing at all, or motion blurred, or
blurred from camera shake?
How about putting a few online so we can see the problem and the cause?

One suggestion...make SURE your not shaking the camera if your using the
lens near the telephoto end of it's zoom range, it's actually a pretty long
lens and has to be held pretty steady for good results unless the shutter
speed is very high. Try some tripod shots, see if that changes things.

--

Mikey
http://www.mike721.com

"Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:TLuwb.9918$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all.
> As the subject line really. I have the camera set to program mode & it

will
> produce some blurred images in daylight, when the flash is not used.

Should
> I set the camera to shutter priority mode & 1/90' ? It is used mostly for
> outdoor, daylight shots.
> Any ideas?
> Regards.
> Stu.

neil

I have just got a Z1 and finding also photos are blurred

moving subjects in dull light (on Sunday river Wye taking photos of
kayakers)
I have tried to simulate it with a still object and by panning the camera

Same blurring happen then I tried it with the flash on and it was ok

I'm new to this type of camera what can I do to stop this ?

Neil

"Mikey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Blurred can mean a lot of things. Is it focusing on the wrong part of the
> image? ( try spot focus), or not focusing at all, or motion blurred, or
> blurred from camera shake?
> How about putting a few online so we can see the problem and the cause?
>
> One suggestion...make SURE your not shaking the camera if your using the
> lens near the telephoto end of it's zoom range, it's actually a pretty

long
> lens and has to be held pretty steady for good results unless the shutter
> speed is very high. Try some tripod shots, see if that changes things.
>
> --
>
> Mikey
> http://www.mike721.com
>

> "Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:TLuwb.9918$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all.
> > As the subject line really. I have the camera set to program mode & it

> will
> > produce some blurred images in daylight, when the flash is not used.

> Should
> > I set the camera to shutter priority mode & 1/90' ? It is used mostly

for
> > outdoor, daylight shots.
> > Any ideas?
> > Regards.
> > Stu.

---

Stu

HI all
"neil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bq02ph$1q428b$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I have just got a Z1 and finding also photos are blurred
>
> moving subjects in dull light (on Sunday river Wye taking photos of
> kayakers)
> I have tried to simulate it with a still object and by panning the camera
>
> Same blurring happen then I tried it with the flash on and it was ok
>
> I'm new to this type of camera what can I do to stop this ?
>

> Neil
>

> "Mikey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Blurred can mean a lot of things. Is it focusing on the wrong part of

the
> > image? ( try spot focus), or not focusing at all, or motion blurred, or
> > blurred from camera shake?
> > How about putting a few online so we can see the problem and the cause?
> >
> > One suggestion...make SURE your not shaking the camera if your using the
> > lens near the telephoto end of it's zoom range, it's actually a pretty

> long
> > lens and has to be held pretty steady for good results unless the

shutter
> > speed is very high. Try some tripod shots, see if that changes things.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Mikey
> > http://www.mike721.com
> >

> > "Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:TLuwb.9918$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi all.
> > > As the subject line really. I have the camera set to program mode & it

> > will
> > > produce some blurred images in daylight, when the flash is not used.

> > Should
> > > I set the camera to shutter priority mode & 1/90' ? It is used mostly

> for
> > > outdoor, daylight shots.
> > > Any ideas?
> > > Regards.
> > > Stu.
> > >

> ---

Thanks for your replies. I will try upping the shutter speed by putting it
in shutter priority mode. I will start with 1/90'. Do any of you think that
this will be enough?
Regards.
Stu.

Browntimdc

"Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
news:kaNwb.10795$(E-Mail Removed):

> HI all

> Thanks for your replies. I will try upping the shutter speed by
> putting it in shutter priority mode. I will start with 1/90'. Do any
> of you think that this will be enough?
> Regards.
> Stu.

Heard of the 1/FL rule? Take the reciprocal of the focal length as a ball
park minimum. So about 1/30 for the lens at 28mm ranging to 1/250 for
200mm.

Tim

--

"Browntimdc" <browntR*E*M*O*V*(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> news:kaNwb.10795$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > HI all

> > Thanks for your replies. I will try upping the shutter speed by
> > putting it in shutter priority mode. I will start with 1/90'. Do any
> > of you think that this will be enough?
> > Regards.
> > Stu.
> >

> Heard of the 1/FL rule? Take the reciprocal of the focal length as a ball
> park minimum. So about 1/30 for the lens at 28mm ranging to 1/250 for
> 200mm.
>
> Tim
>
> --
>
> "The strongest human instinct is to impart information,
> and the second strongest is to resist it."
>
> Kenneth Graham

Hi all
Do you mean the reciprocity law? yep. I have but I am a complete amateur
with photography. I am thinking of getting a program flash for my camera, as
it does seem to work better with the flash.
Regards.
Stu.

J. A. Mc.

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:45:33 GMT, Browntimdc
<browntR*E*M*O*V*(E-Mail Removed)> found these unused words floating about:

>"Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
>news:kaNwb.10795$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> HI all

>> Thanks for your replies. I will try upping the shutter speed by
>> putting it in shutter priority mode. I will start with 1/90'. Do any
>> of you think that this will be enough?
>> Regards.
>> Stu.
>>

>Heard of the 1/FL rule? Take the reciprocal of the focal length as a ball
>park minimum. So about 1/30 for the lens at 28mm ranging to 1/250 for
>200mm.
>
>Tim

.... and if anything in the scene is moving ... double the speed!
(1/30 => 1/60)

Browntimdc

"Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
news:U3Pwb.11033$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Browntimdc" <browntR*E*M*O*V*(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> Heard of the 1/FL rule? Take the reciprocal of the focal length as a
>> ball park minimum. So about 1/30 for the lens at 28mm ranging to
>> 1/250 for 200mm.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> --
>>
>> "The strongest human instinct is to impart information,
>> and the second strongest is to resist it."
>>
>> Kenneth Graham

> Hi all
> Do you mean the reciprocity law?

No! I mean the rule that states the longer the lens the faster the
shutter speed needed. I don't see how you got reciprocity out of what I
wrote above. Sheesh!

Tim