Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Ken Burns type slide software for PC?

Ken Burns type slide software for PC?

NESTEGARD

Hi:

Recently saw a nice slide show burned to DVD by a friend who has Apple where he
zoomed and panned on the image. Very nice effect, I would like to do the same
with my pc and play it on my bigscreen through the DVD player. Any
suggestions?

Gary

Jeff Zawrotny

MemoriesOnTV

http://www.picturetotv.com/

"NESTEGARD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> Recently saw a nice slide show burned to DVD by a friend who has Apple

where he
> zoomed and panned on the image. Very nice effect, I would like to do the

same
> with my pc and play it on my bigscreen through the DVD player. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Gary

Canopus

"Jeff Zawrotny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MemoriesOnTV
>
> http://www.picturetotv.com/>

Now that does look very impressive. Thanks from me too.

Rob

PTRAVEL

Imaginate is an excellent program that gives complete control over digital
stills, varying zoom, pan and even perspective. You can also apply curves
to pan and zoom paths, as well as vary speeds. This one does it all.

Though I use Imaginate, I do most of this kind of work in Premiere 6.5,
which can do this very nicely, except for scaled speeds and curved paths.

Note that, for both programs, you'll wind up with an AVI file, which can be
burned to DVD, SVCD or VCD.

"NESTEGARD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> Recently saw a nice slide show burned to DVD by a friend who has Apple

where he
> zoomed and panned on the image. Very nice effect, I would like to do the

same
> with my pc and play it on my bigscreen through the DVD player. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Gary

Gary Eickmeier

NESTEGARD wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Recently saw a nice slide show burned to DVD by a friend who has Apple where he
> zoomed and panned on the image. Very nice effect, I would like to do the same
> with my pc and play it on my bigscreen through the DVD player. Any
> suggestions?

Any good video editor should be able to do it. My Premiere 6.5 can.

Gary Eickmeier

EarGuy

Here's a tutorial on this:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/175186.php

Using the software cited earlier in this thread:

http://www.picturetotv.com/

For fifty bucks, looks like a good thing!

Dave
the Earguy

"NESTEGARD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> Recently saw a nice slide show burned to DVD by a friend who has Apple

where he
> zoomed and panned on the image. Very nice effect, I would like to do the

same
> with my pc and play it on my bigscreen through the DVD player. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Gary

Bill

I'm using autoproducer from www.muvee.com to do just that right now.
Combining video and still images, it will either
frame grab your video or leave it live in short clips, audio stays live if
you want or you can drop an audio/music track in
to the show. I have shown a few of my kids shows to people and they
immediately wanted me to put one together for them.
It is extremely easy to use and the final product is just amazing. It has
several settings that would be useful for you, the one
I use the most is personal as it zooms to faces and has really nice easy
transitions. It's not as customizable as the big
programs, but in 10 minutes I put 150 photos to music and it brought tears
to several viewers. The photos were a big part
of it, but the way the program transisitons keeps the viewers attention and
like I said, it is really amazing. You can d/l a
demo that puts an advertisement in the middle of your screen, but short of
that I think it's full working. Try it out!

"NESTEGARD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> Recently saw a nice slide show burned to DVD by a friend who has Apple

where he
> zoomed and panned on the image. Very nice effect, I would like to do the

same
> with my pc and play it on my bigscreen through the DVD player. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Gary

Paolo Pizzi

PTRAVEL wrote:

> Imaginate is an excellent program that gives complete control over
> digital stills, varying zoom, pan and even perspective. You can also
> apply curves to pan and zoom paths, as well as vary speeds. This one
> does it all.

321 Studio's "DVD X Show" does the same for a lot less.

Tony Rice

"Paolo Pizzi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsUqyb.28185
$(E-Mail Removed):

>> Imaginate is an excellent program that gives complete control over
>> digital stills, varying zoom, pan and even perspective. You can also
>> apply curves to pan and zoom paths, as well as vary speeds. This one
>> does it all.

> 321 Studio's "DVD X Show" does the same for a lot less.

I've seen a couple of stand alone packages for producing this effect but I
still keep going back to an old copy of Vegas Video. It certainly got a
greater learning curve but that's what you get with added flexibility and
functionality. The difference in results is like going from Microsoft
Paint to PhotoShop.

Paolo Pizzi

Tony Rice wrote:
> "Paolo Pizzi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> newsUqyb.28185 $(E-Mail Removed):
>
>>> Imaginate is an excellent program that gives complete control over
>>> digital stills, varying zoom, pan and even perspective. You can
>>> also apply curves to pan and zoom paths, as well as vary speeds.
>>> This one does it all.

>> 321 Studio's "DVD X Show" does the same for a lot less.

> I've seen a couple of stand alone packages for producing this effect
> but I still keep going back to an old copy of Vegas Video. It
> certainly got a greater learning curve but that's what you get with
> added flexibility and functionality. The difference in results is
> like going from Microsoft Paint to PhotoShop.

You're right, but if you don't do video editing on a regular basis,
why would you want to mess with an expensive and hard-to-learn
piece of prosumer software like Vegas Video?

I mean, if all you want is to burn a DVD with the so-called "Ken
Burns effects" (after all, this is a photography NG), I think DVD
X Show is the easiest and most cost-effective solution.

My $.02, of course.

Ken Burns Effect strawberry DVD Video 12 12-26-2008 08:10 AM
A new slideshow software with realtime Ken Burns effect felix Digital Photography 11 09-21-2006 07:16 PM
"Ken Burns" effect problems Conrad Weiler Digital Photography 2 05-22-2004 01:18 PM
Differences in Ken Burns "The Civil War" DVD Collection? Mark DVD Video 1 02-14-2004 11:01 PM
HOW TO: Create a Photo DVD with Pan/Zoom (Ken Burns) effects Casey Digital Photography 1 08-19-2003 10:19 PM

Advertisments