Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > For sale: Olympus D-560 Z

For sale: Olympus D-560 Z

Lord Elohim

Purchased new about 4 months ago, I am looking to upgrade again. It has
been used for about 300-500 pictures, all indoors. The camera is in
absolute mint condition, and has everything that was with it in the box, but
no box. Camera, 16 MB xD picture card, USB cable, software, manuals, wrist
strap. I am asking $200, plus $10 shipping, or best offer, and I am
including 4 brand new 8 packs of Duracell AA batteries, which should be
enough to see anyone through the holidays. This is an amazing camera, and
the quality is superb. I am upgrading to a 5 megapixel, but whomever buys
this camera will be very happy.

--
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the
good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.

R2D2

"Lord Elohim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bps2ug$h6u$(E-Mail Removed):

> Purchased new about 4 months ago, I am looking to upgrade again. It
> has been used for about 300-500 pictures, all indoors. The camera is
> in absolute mint condition, and has everything that was with it in the
> box, but no box. Camera, 16 MB xD picture card, USB cable, software,
> manuals, wrist strap. I am asking $200, plus $10 shipping

What a rip off. You can buy the same camera brand new for $200 INCLUDING
SHIPPING from http://www.BeachCamera.com and they are a 4.5 star merchant
on Pricegrabber. Buydig is selling it for $188 new. Here are the recent
prices for this camera:

http://tinyurl.com/wa59

You can see that there are many quality places that are selling this camera
new (with full warranty and no wear-and-tear) for what this guy is selling
used with no box.

> This is an amazing camera, and the quality is superb.

Bullshit. I've seen the results. Terrible skin tones, no AF lamp, no manual
controls, no uncompressed file format, distortion, vignetting, jaggies,
fringing....the list goes on. And you've only used it indoors and claim
that the quality is superb? LMAO!

Lord Elohim

>What a rip off. You can buy the same camera brand new for $200 INCLUDING
SHIPPING from http://www.BeachCamera.com and they are a 4.5 star merchant
on Pricegrabber. Buydig is selling it for $188 new. Here are the recent
prices for this camera:

http://tinyurl.com/wa59

You can see that there are many quality places that are selling this camera
new (with full warranty and no wear-and-tear) for what this guy is selling
used with no box.

Wow, that is the closest thing to a flame I have ever seen, without it
actually crossing the threshold into "flame." Yes, BeachCamera does have
it, it is $191 refurbished, and $219 otherwise. I am not trying to rip
anyone off. I know how much I paid, and I know how great it has been for
me. The price is negociable, and I am throwing in a ton of batteries for
the holidays.

> This is an amazing camera, and the quality is superb.

>Bullshit. I've seen the results. Terrible skin tones, no AF lamp, no manual

controls, no uncompressed file format, distortion, vignetting, jaggies,
fringing....the list goes on. And you've only used it indoors and claim
that the quality is superb? LMAO!

I have taken numerous shots of people, and skin tones never come out badly.
It sounds like you are making assumptions based on what you have read, and
have no actual experience with the camera. I can provide sample pictures, I
have never experienced distortion, if you know how to work it properly. I
don't see what file format has to do with anything. I have no idea why you
would have anything against someone trying to make an honest sale, but you
seem to have it in for me. I am new to photography, and I am ready to move
up. I paid close to $300 just a few months ago, and generally speaking, the
camera is barely used. If you want to flame me, try using email.

R2D2

"Lord Elohim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> If you want to flame me, try using email.

Sorry. I was not flaming you. I was just pointing out that people can buy
the camera new for about what you are asking used with no box. Just because
you paid $300 for the camera, does not mean that is the current value. I've
seen the results firsthand from that camera and it really sucks. And this
is not the appropriate group to post that to.

Bill Kiene

Oh Lord,

Woops...........................looks like your camera just slipped to about
$100 and falling?

I just gave away a slightly used D450 to a young friend so he can get
started.

Have no idea what to do with my used, not to expensive in the first place,
film cameras?

I moved up to 3 Megapickle (that means a large pickle for those of you
without any sense of humor).

--
Bill Kiene

"R2D2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns943D6D64FF4BR2D2starwarsjedi@130.133.1.4.. .
> "Lord Elohim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:bps2ug$h6u$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Purchased new about 4 months ago, I am looking to upgrade again. It
> > has been used for about 300-500 pictures, all indoors. The camera is
> > in absolute mint condition, and has everything that was with it in the
> > box, but no box. Camera, 16 MB xD picture card, USB cable, software,
> > manuals, wrist strap. I am asking $200, plus $10 shipping

> What a rip off. You can buy the same camera brand new for $200 INCLUDING
> SHIPPING from http://www.BeachCamera.com and they are a 4.5 star merchant
> on Pricegrabber. Buydig is selling it for $188 new. Here are the recent
> prices for this camera:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/wa59
>
> You can see that there are many quality places that are selling this

camera
> new (with full warranty and no wear-and-tear) for what this guy is selling
> used with no box.
>
> > This is an amazing camera, and the quality is superb.

> Bullshit. I've seen the results. Terrible skin tones, no AF lamp, no

manual
> controls, no uncompressed file format, distortion, vignetting, jaggies,
> fringing....the list goes on. And you've only used it indoors and claim
> that the quality is superb? LMAO!

Dan Sullivan

R2D2 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns943D6D64FF4BR2D2starwarsjedi@130.133.1.4> ...
> "Lord Elohim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:bps2ug$h6u$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Purchased new about 4 months ago, I am looking to upgrade again. It
> > has been used for about 300-500 pictures, all indoors. The camera is
> > in absolute mint condition, and has everything that was with it in the
> > box, but no box. Camera, 16 MB xD picture card, USB cable, software,
> > manuals, wrist strap. I am asking $200, plus $10 shipping

> What a rip off. You can buy the same camera brand new for $200 INCLUDING
> SHIPPING from http://www.BeachCamera.com and they are a 4.5 star merchant
> on Pricegrabber. Buydig is selling it for $188 new. Here are the recent
> prices for this camera:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/wa59

The camera used to sell for $280 new.

The price has dropped so a legitimate dealer can sell it for $230.

The guy's asking $200... but he'd probably take $160 including
shipping.

> You can see that there are many quality places that are selling this camera
> new (with full warranty and no wear-and-tear) for what this guy is selling
> used with no box.

The camera is claimed to be "mint."

So no "wear and tear."

> > This is an amazing camera, and the quality is superb.

> Bullshit. I've seen the results. Terrible skin tones, no AF lamp, no manual
> controls, no uncompressed file format, distortion, vignetting, jaggies,
> fringing....the list goes on. And you've only used it indoors and claim
> that the quality is superb? LMAO!

I own one and the quality of the picts is fantastic.

Any store claiming to sell this cam new right now for under $200 is
gonna charge extra for something.... believe me.

If it's too good to be true, then it probably isn't.

Try resellerratings.com

Keep in mind that lots of illegitimate dealers know how to get good
recommendations for themselves.