Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony 8MP Camera (model DSC-F828)

Sony 8MP Camera (model DSC-F828)

Jason Smith

Does anyone have any feedback on this product?

Jason Smith
Director, Business Development
Idarta Travel Images
www.idartatravelimages.com

Office +44 121 224 7400
104 The Greenhouse, Custard Factory,
Gibb Street, Birmingham B9 4AA, United Kingdom

Bob Niland

> Jason Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anyone have any feedback on this product?

No, because it won't be shipping until
29 December, and none of the review sites
have tested and reported on the final
production version of the camera.

What are your planned uses?

There are already some suspected nasty
limitations with this camera, such as not
being able to support Sony wide-angle and
tele accessory lenses.

It may also not be able to reach the full
8Mp luminance resolution (but it may be an
excellent 5Mp camera

I may buy one anyone, but not until we
have some detailed technical reviews.

--
Regards, PO Box 248
Bob Niland Enterprise

Unless otherwise specifically stated, expressing
personal opinions and NOT speaking for any
employer, client or Internet Service Provider.

bmoag

Actually I was notified by the store I ordered from that the camera may be
available the first week in December. Sony is now advertising this camera on
their web site and taking orders.

Bob Niland

> bmoag <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Actually I was notified by the store I
> ordered from that the camera may be
> available the first week in December.

Free counseling is available in this
newgroup if that promise turns out to
be false

> Sony is now advertising this camera on
> their web site and taking orders.

Taking PRE-orders, and when you click,
there's fine print saying:
"Preorder Model - Available for shipping
on or about Dec 29, 2003."

Frankly, I'd advise not ordering this
camera until thorough and detailed test
results are published.

--
Regards, PO Box 248
Bob Niland Enterprise
(E-Mail Removed) Kansas USA
which, due to spam, is: 67441-0248
email4rjn AT yahoo DOT com
http://www.access-one.com/rjn

Unless otherwise specifically stated, expressing
personal opinions and NOT speaking for any
employer, client or Internet Service Provider.

David J. Littleboy

"Bob Niland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Frankly, I'd advise not ordering this
> camera until thorough and detailed test
> results are published.

Given that it has a new lens and a new sensor design, this is very good
advice.

I expect that it will cough up 1500 lph and acceptable noise levels at ISO
100. Current consumer dcams with 5MP and the same tiny pixels (e.g. the Oly
5050) are doing 1300 lph and acceptable noise levels at ISO 100, so it
really isn't that much of a stretch.

But most people find dSLR images look a lot better than consumer camera
images, and the 300D is available now.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan