Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 10D with FD manual

10D with FD manual

J.P.

Can I use in manual mode FD lenses with Canaon 10D camera?
george

marco van den broek

J.P. <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef op Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:38:44 GMT:

> Can I use in manual mode FD lenses with Canaon 10D camera?
> george

No, you can't. They have a different mount. Whem EF lenses were introduced
there were FD-EF converters. They fitted some of the top-FD-lenses. The
original converter had a limited availability then and are very rare these
days. And if you use them on a 10D you lose functionality.

Bottem line, buy some decent EF lenses cause your FD lenses are useless on
a 10d.

Marco

David Dyer-Bennet

J.P. <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Can I use in manual mode FD lenses with Canaon 10D camera?

No, you can't. You can't use the old Canon lenses on their auto-focus
film cameras, either. They made a complete break with the past.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <(E-Mail Removed)>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Dragaera/Steven Brust: <dragaera.info/>