Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital/Film Combo Cameras

Digital/Film Combo Cameras

Steven M. Scharf

I saw a Vivitar combination film/digital camera today at the Palace 'de Beef
where there was a National Geographic sale. Very strange.
http://www.vivitar.com/Products/hybrid/special.html . Is this the only such
camera like this?

Patrick Boch

Would be worthless(CMOS digital camera with 320 x 240 resolution)
"Steven M. Scharf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_CVvb.11491$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> I saw a Vivitar combination film/digital camera today at the Palace 'de

Beef
> where there was a National Geographic sale. Very strange.
> http://www.vivitar.com/Products/hybrid/special.html . Is this the only

such
> camera like this?

Brownie

"Patrick Boch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6nYvb.19579$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Would be worthless(CMOS digital camera with 320 x 240 resolution)

Would be worthless anyway, why bring out a camera that doesn't operate with
current OS's like XP. Must be an old model.

Mark Herring

Why?? What is the market?
Especially, who needs a 320 x 240 digital image?

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 03:15:06 GMT, "Steven M. Scharf"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I saw a Vivitar combination film/digital camera today at the Palace 'de Beef
>where there was a National Geographic sale. Very strange.
>http://www.vivitar.com/Products/hybrid/special.html . Is this the only such
>camera like this?

**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Marvin Margoshes

"Steven M. Scharf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_CVvb.11491$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> I saw a Vivitar combination film/digital camera today at the Palace 'de

Beef
> where there was a National Geographic sale. Very strange.
> http://www.vivitar.com/Products/hybrid/special.html . Is this the only

such
> camera like this?

I think Kodak had a combo film/digital camera two or three years ago.

Andrew McDonald

Marvin Margoshes wrote:

> "Steven M. Scharf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_CVvb.11491$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>
>>I saw a Vivitar combination film/digital camera today at the Palace 'de

> Beef
>
>>where there was a National Geographic sale. Very strange.
>>http://www.vivitar.com/Products/hybrid/special.html . Is this the only

> such
>
>>camera like this?
>>

> I think Kodak had a combo film/digital camera two or three years ago.

If I'm not mistaken (and I certainly could be), that camera only allowed
you to review the photo just taken so you could see if it came out which
would then allow you to shoot another.

Seemed like a stupid idea to me.