Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Good night shots with a mini camera?

Good night shots with a mini camera?

Bob Travis

I think my Dimage X is great for daytime shots and I love the convenience of
always having a quality camera with me. What I dislike is it doesn't stop
action as well as my Mavica and it doesn't take no_flash night shots at all.
Can anyone recommend a different shirt pocket sized camera that does stop
action well and which does take good no_flash pictures as well?

Thanks.

Bob Travis
Parsippany, NJ

john

i took this pic with a fujifilm 601...

http://www.xpphotoalbum.com/showphot...&password=&sor
t=1&cat=3753

"Bob Travis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I think my Dimage X is great for daytime shots and I love the convenience

of
> always having a quality camera with me. What I dislike is it doesn't stop
> action as well as my Mavica and it doesn't take no_flash night shots at

all.
> Can anyone recommend a different shirt pocket sized camera that does stop
> action well and which does take good no_flash pictures as well?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bob Travis
> Parsippany, NJ

Jim Spencer

"john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bplb0q$7h7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i took this pic with a fujifilm 601...

NICE SHOT, but the 601 is not exactly shirt pocket sized.

I have a New Casio EX-Z4U that has a night setting in the picture mode,
seems to work
well on the few shots I have tried. No Flash and 50 ISO make for some
relatively noise free shots
(with tripod) have not taken many shots will do so in the next couple of
days to fully test it out.
Had the Dimage Xt but sold it, Casio has many more options and is a little
smaller than the Dimage.

john

hey thanx!!

yup 601 can't exactly fit into a shirt pocket =)

i can't remember the exact settings, except that was on night mode... tried
the same settings on manual but didn't turn out as good.

looking forward to see your shots.

newswzvb.14177$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...