Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Minolta Dimage Scan Dual on XP

Minolta Dimage Scan Dual on XP

Simon Caldwell

I know that there are two versions of this scanner, one of which works
on XP, the other of which doesn't. I also know that I have the
version that does not work. But it does (sort of).
Does anyone know what form this incompatibility is supposed to take?
If I connect the scanner to the SCSI card and connect my printer to
the scanner, then I cannot even boot up the PC. But if I do not
connect my printer, but plug it in to the parallel port instead, then
it works OK. (I know it's not a hardware fault as this coinfiguration
works fine under W9.
I also very occasionally get an error when scanning ('an error
occurred' or some such), chiefly if I'm using other applications at
the same time.
Is either or both of these the problems that Minolta refer to? I know
it doesn't really matter, but I'd like to know!

Second question. I am using the 2.0.0 NT drivers. I have downloaded
the 2.0.1 drivers from http://www.minoltaeurope.com, but the setup
program is 16-bit and so will not work under XP! And since the
scanner is not supported with XP I doubt I'd get anyway woith Minolta
(who haven't answered by question above anyway). Any ideas if I can
get a 32 bit version of the install program anywhere?

TIA

Simon

Alan Browne

Simon Caldwell wrote:

> I know that there are two versions of this scanner, one of which works
> on XP, the other of which doesn't. I also know that I have the
> version that does not work. But it does (sort of).
> Does anyone know what form this incompatibility is supposed to take?
> If I connect the scanner to the SCSI card and connect my printer to
> the scanner, then I cannot even boot up the PC. But if I do not
> connect my printer, but plug it in to the parallel port instead, then
> it works OK. (I know it's not a hardware fault as this coinfiguration
> works fine under W9.
> I also very occasionally get an error when scanning ('an error
> occurred' or some such), chiefly if I'm using other applications at
> the same time.
> Is either or both of these the problems that Minolta refer to? I know
> it doesn't really matter, but I'd like to know!

I DL'd the file below from Minolta and it installed no sweat. Note that
I was using the SCSI board supplied with the DimScanDual.

Dual201e.exe

I've e-mailed it to you. Do a virus check at hotmail.com

If there is a problem, answer the first e-mail I send you.

Or search the Minolta sites for the file named above.

Cheers,
Alan.

> Second question. I am using the 2.0.0 NT drivers. I have downloaded
> the 2.0.1 drivers from http://www.minoltaeurope.com, but the setup
> program is 16-bit and so will not work under XP! And since the
> scanner is not supported with XP I doubt I'd get anyway woith Minolta
> (who haven't answered by question above anyway). Any ideas if I can
> get a 32 bit version of the install program anywhere?

The file above, works under Win98.

--
e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.