Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > webcrawle with LWP: how to make redirection work?

webcrawle with LWP: how to make redirection work?

Hi,

I am making a webcrawler and it needs to go through the login on the
front page. I use LWP:UserAgent and HTML::Form to basically post the
username and password to the site. Once past the login, I should be
redirected to a new page if I use a browser. However, in my Perl
script, the response I got is "HTTP/1.1 302 (Found) Object moved". I
think that means my code works for the login but fails to have a
sucessful redirection? How to actually go to the desired redirected
page? Thank you.

yesk

S <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
>
> I am making a webcrawler and it needs to go through the login on the
> front page. I use LWP:UserAgent and HTML::Form to basically post the
> username and password to the site. Once past the login, I should be
> redirected to a new page if I use a browser. However, in my Perl
> script, the response I got is "HTTP/1.1 302 (Found) Object moved". I
> think that means my code works for the login but fails to have a
> sucessful redirection? How to actually go to the desired redirected
> page? Thank you.

Hello, Quakey

what difference does redirection make? Nikola Skoric Python 2 10-18-2010 09:52 AM
Redirection Limit John Firefox 4 07-28-2005 10:47 AM
Webcrawle / Search engine Noni Java 11 04-18-2004 03:19 PM
input redirection MadHatter Perl 6 10-16-2003 04:05 PM
wccp 3550emi and Cacheflow 800 - transparent caching redirection news.tm.net.my Cisco 0 07-17-2003 02:48 AM

Advertisments