Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Mama wants a camera!

Mama wants a camera!

Deaf Mellon MESA

The wife wants a digital camera for X-Mas. She'll use it for taking
pictures
of her dog, photos for web sites she builds. Her dog will be doing
agility
competition, so I guess "sports" would be a requirement. I'll have to
tech support the thing, she'll want to hook it up to her Dell WinXP
pro PC. USB would be nice. She already has a Cannon SLR 35mm so she
knows what decent photos
look like. She's thinking a 4-5 megapixel would be good. I'm
thinking a better
lense, fewer pixels.

Budget is $300.00. Any help pointing me in the right direction would
be
appreciated.

TIA,

DaveT

Ron Hunter

Deaf Mellon MESA wrote:
> The wife wants a digital camera for X-Mas. She'll use it for taking
> pictures
> of her dog, photos for web sites she builds. Her dog will be doing
> agility
> competition, so I guess "sports" would be a requirement. I'll have to
> tech support the thing, she'll want to hook it up to her Dell WinXP
> pro PC. USB would be nice. She already has a Cannon SLR 35mm so she
> knows what decent photos
> look like. She's thinking a 4-5 megapixel would be good. I'm
> thinking a better
> lense, fewer pixels.
>
> Budget is $300.00. Any help pointing me in the right direction would
> be
> appreciated.
>
> TIA,
>
> DaveT

Think something like the Kodak 6340. Easy to use, pretty flexible, and
ok for sports in strong light.

BillS

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Deaf Mellon MESA) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> The wife wants a digital camera for X-Mas. She'll use it for taking
> pictures
> of her dog, photos for web sites she builds. Her dog will be doing
> agility
> competition, so I guess "sports" would be a requirement. I'll have to
> tech support the thing, she'll want to hook it up to her Dell WinXP
> pro PC. USB would be nice. She already has a Cannon SLR 35mm so she
> knows what decent photos
> look like. She's thinking a 4-5 megapixel would be good. I'm
> thinking a better
> lense, fewer pixels.
>
> Budget is $300.00. Any help pointing me in the right direction would
> be
> appreciated.
>
> TIA,
>
> DaveT

I got my wife a Canon S-45 digital camera back in May. I had been
strictly a 35 mm guy myself, but now I'm thinking of going digital.
The camera is great and if you search froogle.com you can find it for
right around your budget.

The pics are great, although I use photoshop to fix the red eye.

Bill
www.bestbuyflowers.com finding you the best buys on flowers

GLC1173

Deaf Mellon wrote:
>The wife wants a digital camera for >X-Mas. She'll use it for taking
>pictures of her dog, photos for web sites >she builds.

Look on eBay for a used Canon Photoshot S200 - the final sale price will be
well under your $300 max, and the digicam will do all that easily.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<B>Dissident news - plus immigration, gun rights, nationwide weather
<I><A HREF="http://www.alamanceind.com">ALAMANCE INDEPENDENT:
official newspaper of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy</A></b></i>

Richard

Don't know the price in dollars,but a Fuji S602z would be good. Fast
shutter/lag 3.1megapixel CCD (Upto 6.1megapixels).

Maybe its a little much for $300?

Have a look at imaging-resource.com and 'Daves Picks' under sport.

Richard

(E-Mail Removed) (Deaf Mellon MESA) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> The wife wants a digital camera for X-Mas. She'll use it for taking
> pictures
> of her dog, photos for web sites she builds. Her dog will be doing
> agility
> competition, so I guess "sports" would be a requirement. I'll have to
> tech support the thing, she'll want to hook it up to her Dell WinXP
> pro PC. USB would be nice. She already has a Cannon SLR 35mm so she
> knows what decent photos
> look like. She's thinking a 4-5 megapixel would be good. I'm
> thinking a better
> lense, fewer pixels.
>
> Budget is $300.00. Any help pointing me in the right direction would
> be
> appreciated.
>
> TIA,
>
> DaveT

Deaf Mellon MESA

< Any help pointing me in the right direction would
> be
> appreciated.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help.

DaveT