Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Is Fuji S3000 3.2m/pixel output, or 6 m/pixel interpolated output?

Is Fuji S3000 3.2m/pixel output, or 6 m/pixel interpolated output?

Bill M

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:35:00 +0900, "George Preddy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On 29 Nov 2003 19:30:24 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Mike) wrote:

>> >And you still should take a course on information theory.

>> '
>>
>> And this will somehow prove tthat something that doesn't exist does?
>> It doesn't matter what course I take, Bayer sensors won't suddenly
>> ophan 25% of their green pixels. I can go read a fairytale, but a
>> unicorn won't be on my lawn in the morning...

>A fairy tale won't be as helpful as a course in information theory.

You 2 are adept at dodging and using smokescreens...sometime try
proving a point w/real data instead of bullshit. I've been involved in
the IT field for 20+ years, I don't need any courses to know when
someone's trying to blow smoke up my ass...

Now, which one of you two wants to show us on a bayer layout where the
25% green orphans are (that was the original assertion I was
challenging)? Or will you continue babbling and dodging...bet you both
dodge again, because they don't exist...

Bill M

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:26:51 +0900, "George Preddy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
>> Bill M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>news:<(E-Mail Removed)> ...

>> > Nice contribution there Mike. I understand how both sensors work, from
>> > your post in another thread, you're as stupid as George...

>Suggesting that an all-green sensor, minus 1 red pixel and 1 blue pixel, is
>not as good in full color as the ideal 33/33/33% mix is being an idiot now?
>Hardly. Your ideal that more green is always better is silly, a child could
>tell you that, without a course in information theory.
>
>Why do you think using the 1 blue pixel and the same 1 red sensor in all of
>6M color interpolated output pixels is better than 2M R, 2M B, and 2M G?
>You'll need to anwer the question at some point.

Jesus, this has been answered 3 or 4 times...firstly, show me where I
suggested a all green sensor. Secondly, I'm discussing bayer and your
assrtions about it, which you fail to address. You're nothing but
smoke & mirrors George. Third, look around the group, others have
explained all this to you...I could type my explanation, but you'll
just shift into some other BS, so I'll save my fingers some wear &
tear...

George Preddy

"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:26:51 +0900, "George Preddy"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >Why do you think using the 1 blue pixel and the same 1 red sensor in all

of
> >6M color interpolated output pixels is better than 2M R, 2M B, and 2M G?
> >You'll need to anwer the question at some point.
> >

> Jesus, this has been answered 3 or 4 times...firstly, show me where I
> suggested a all green sensor.

If more green is better than less, you'll have to explain when that
relationship stops and exactly why. As of now, all you say is that more
green is always better since luminance is better than color, which means
that 100% green has to be best.

Bill M

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 20:59:00 +0900, "George Preddy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:26:51 +0900, "George Preddy"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >Why do you think using the 1 blue pixel and the same 1 red sensor in all

>of
>> >6M color interpolated output pixels is better than 2M R, 2M B, and 2M G?
>> >You'll need to anwer the question at some point.
>> >

>> Jesus, this has been answered 3 or 4 times...firstly, show me where I
>> suggested a all green sensor.

>If more green is better than less, you'll have to explain when that
>relationship stops and exactly why. As of now, all you say is that more
>green is always better since luminance is better than color, which means
>that 100% green has to be best.

Uhm, possibly because you need red & blue (at least) to make other
colors? Plus, I never said more green is better, YOU insist on putting
words in peoples mouths. Your logic arriving at "100% green has to be
best is flawed", much like your understanding of bayer demosaicing....